forum

[Archived] Buggy replay

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_4329079
On this replay osu! shows a few combo breaks on a S FC replay.

This is how I see it (skip to the end of the video for the miss):

And this is how it is (score, acc and combo are the same untill the first miss):

He makes a few combo breaks after that one and gets rank #21. However, the screen at the end of the replay shows no misses again.
osu! version: 20141030.8 (latest)
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_4329079
Bump. I know that replays aren't updated in real time but why do they have different behaviours between players?
buny
because they're replays and not actual recordings of their gameplay.
The replays simply record when and where the cursor is positioned, and since it's not taking a million of these snapshots there will be times where in the replay, the "player misses"
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_4329079

buny wrote:

The replays simply record when and where the cursor is positioned, and since it's not taking a million of these snapshots there will be times where in the replay, the "player misses"
That doesn't explain why some users are getting different scores from the same replays, I think it's more like a reading issue
buny

TanielCatia wrote:

buny wrote:

That doesn't explain why some users are getting different scores from the same replays, I think it's more like a reading issue
I see what you mean now.

It may have been due to a recent update, since that video was uploaded a while ago. When I watch the replay he misses at the same spot.
[ BJ ]
Does the same for me too, wtf.
KinkiN
this issue has been here since long time ago iirc

e.g : t/136886