forum

[Archived] Missing replay data

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Gordon_Freeman0
Problem Details: I can't watch my old replays, when I click "Replay" button on the scores screen, it says "This score has no replay data saved!", but I SURE that I saved all my replays.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20140814.1 (latest)
Enzy
The replay can be corrupt or you were on a too old version of osu! when you saved that replay that it can't play it.
Nathanael
The local replay file is probably removed. If it's at the top 50, you can just redownload it.
Topic Starter
Gordon_Freeman0

-Enzy- wrote:

The replay can be corrupt or you were on a too old version of osu! when you saved that replay that it can't play it.
Too old version? Then why a replay uploaded in 2011 still working when I download it from server?

Nathanael wrote:

The local replay file is probably removed. If it's at the top 50, you can just redownload it.
http://puu.sh/bDTug/01a16aed1b.PNG
I didn't delete my replays and I guess they're still here.
drum drum
Well, unless you can read hex addresses. I don't think you can confirm your replay wasn't deleted.

Sometimes replays don't save correctly and nothing can really be done about it. It's happened to me before.
Topic Starter
Gordon_Freeman0
But I was able to watch my replays.. about 6 months ago. What could happen to them for just 6 months?
buny
You could try finding it in your saved replay data folder by sorting date created, and search for the time your replay was created (since you already know the date and time in that screenshot)
Topic Starter
Gordon_Freeman0
Yep, I can see files created exactly in same time when I played a beatmap, but if I drag'n'drop it into osu! window, nothing happens. I guess, it's because this file is already imported. I wonder if i need to move the 'r' folder to another place and then drag those files into game window again, but not sure if it will damage them.. or something like that.
Topic Starter
Gordon_Freeman0

Gordon_Freeman0 wrote:

I wonder if i need to move the 'r' folder to another place and then drag those files into game window again, but not sure if it will damage them.. or something like that.
Sadly, it didn't helped. Any ideas?
Marcin
How big is that file? (right click -> properties)
Topic Starter
Gordon_Freeman0
There's my screenshot in post #4, where a lot of files between 3 and ~30 kb.
KinkiN
Back then i can make the replay button appear. well it's a unique case ( I can watch rrtyui's replay that are not in the top 50 ) ofc i got the replay data b4. what i do is just dragging the file to osu! iirc, and watch it few times. ( It's even on my local rank lol )

What i try to say is, It's not impossible. do try & error method, since i already forgot how to do it exactly. sorry

Topic Starter
Gordon_Freeman0
I tried to drag those files in osu! window and nothing happened :c
Marcin
Try running osu! as admin?
Topic Starter
Gordon_Freeman0

Marcin wrote:

Try running osu! as admin?
Doesn't help
Topic Starter
Gordon_Freeman0