forum

[Archived] Recent occurrence of lag spikes.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jokeroops0
So recently I've been trying to acquire a tablet. An Intuos 480 CTL. The reason I want this one is because my friend has one and he let me try it. After a few days of trying it, with no changes to my computer, the game has a lag spike about every 15 second, that will majorly fuck me up if I'm playing hard or insane levels. The problem after it begins has no factors to continue. Re-installing drivers, or osu, using a mouse, after re-installing osu starting it without the tablet plugged in with the driver uninstalled and trying to use the mouse, etc. I originally (Last night) got VERY pissed off at it and wiped my 500GB HDD and re-installed windows on my 128GB SSD, because I felt like using the SSD anyways, it was a reason to get it back in. Didn't think it would fix my problem. The problem came back up when I installed the drivers, then after plugging in the tablet, the problems came back like magic. If this is a windows 8.1 issue, I have no problem wiping my hard drive, and re-installing 8, because when the problem first occurred, because as previously mentioned, I did just that, except to 8.1 again.

Anyways, ask me if I tried certain fixes, since I've tried a lot. Here's some specs for any relevancy:

- 128GB SATA SSD
- AMD A6-3400M 1.4Ghz APU
- AMD Radeon 6520G with 512MB of VRAM
- 8GB of 1333Mhz DDR3 SO-DIMM RAM

It's a laptop, don't tell me to get better parts, or a better one. I don't need nor want more RAM, since 2GB is in use always, and osu is 32-bit, making it only able to take up 4. I can't replace the processor. The graphics are integrated. The hard drive isn't a problem.

Also I got the drivers from here. Got the "Windows - Driver 6.3.9w3 (XP, Vista, Win 7 and Win 8)" from the "Latest Driver for Intuos" section.
drum drum
Turn off windows Inks and flicks if you have them. Basically disable extra TabletOS features if you have any.
Topic Starter
jokeroops0

drum drum wrote:

Turn off windows Inks and flicks if you have them. Basically disable extra TabletOS features if you have any.
Doesn't matter if the tablet is in, its just after using it that the problem stays. I have it right now without it plugged in, using the mouse.
Topic Starter
jokeroops0
HOLY SHIT! I fixed it by plugging in the power cord. Unplugging it allows the problem to continue... It would still be nice to fix the problem for when it isn't in.
Ayachi-
Then it is the laptop's setting,
You must have use the setting for saving battery
So when it is not plugged, the laptop will work slower
Topic Starter
jokeroops0

[ S a k u r a ] wrote:

Hmmm, Ill try some things... Still open to suggestions for if this doesn't work.
Ayachi-
It is some energy or battery setting in control panel or other battery programs
Topic Starter
jokeroops0

jokeroops0 wrote:

[ S a k u r a ] wrote:

Hmmm, Ill try some things... Still open to suggestions for if this doesn't work.
Created a new communist power plan for high performance, and ghanged the graphics performance options to max in the setting for battery. Let's not called this solved until I can confirm with the tablet, shall we?
drum drum
Confirm what with the tablet?
Topic Starter
jokeroops0

drum drum wrote:

That the lag spikes do or don't happen.
Topic Starter
jokeroops0

jokeroops0 wrote:

drum drum wrote:

That the lag spikes do or don't happen.
Tablet is still causing them. The problem is now that when the tablet is plugged in the problem still occurs. Next time I have have it I will test if the problem occurs when the computers charger is plugged in.

[ S a k u r a ] wrote:

It is some energy or battery setting in control panel or other battery programs
Despite my current power plan has the exact same settings for the battery and charger, like "ATI Graphics Performance", it's still getting the same problem with the tablet, but it did scale it down a bit. Now what?
Full Tablet
In the tablet settings disable "Use Windows Ink".
Make sure wisptis.exe is not running while playing osu!.
Topic Starter
jokeroops0

Full Tablet wrote:

In the tablet settings disable "Use Windows Ink".
I tried, no change.

Full Tablet wrote:

I'll make sure of that next time.
Topic Starter
jokeroops0

Full Tablet wrote:

Would it be running without the tablet plugged in? All the rest of the driver is.
Topic Starter
jokeroops0
STILL! No change!
Topic Starter
jokeroops0
Ummm, USB3 might have fixed it...
Topic Starter
jokeroops0

jokeroops0 wrote:

Ummm, USB3 might have fixed it...
Nevermind, help me.
Full Tablet
Can you monitor your CPU (Use per core)/GPU/Disk (Use and queue size)/Memory/DPC Latency (http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml) to check if there is a high usage of any of these during the lag spikes?
Topic Starter
jokeroops0

Full Tablet wrote:

Can you monitor your CPU (Use per core)/GPU/Disk (Use and queue size)/Memory/DPC Latency (http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml) to check if there is a high usage of any of these during the lag spikes?
Holy shit, 20% CPU spike when it happens, and no DPC changes.
Topic Starter
jokeroops0
So yeah, problems still occurring...
show more