forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Drastic Frame Drop on Jump to Song with search

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LightAndrek
Problem Details:
Sometimes I open osu! for listening to music when coding in Visual Studio. I nothinced that with the new Jump to function in the main menu, if you chose the song to be played and you alt-tab away (both in fullscreen and windowed), and come back after 10 minutes to change your song the frame counter indicates 6fps and the game is unplayable unless you restart osu.
I don't think it's relatated to my hardware but i'll post my system in any case.

Win 8.1 Pro x64
i7 4770k @ 4ghz
Asus z87-pro
Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB @ 1866Mhz
Asus GTX780 OC @ 1000Mhz
1TB HD (64MB Cache, 7200rpm) -> this is the disk osu is stored on.

osu! version: 20140814.1 (latest)
drum drum
What does task manger say when this happens CPU wise? I feel like I remember seeing a post like this somewhere but not sure.
Ace3DF
Same as well although I thought this would have been reported already
Topic Starter
LightAndrek
Usually osu in trhe main menu is between 0,8% to 3% cpu usage. When this appen it jump up to 8/10. Also the memory allocated by osu increases constantly, maybe there is a leak somwhere.
Marcin
1. Search for a song (I found two songs)
2. watch fps counter go down every second.
R3DxFOX
I have the same issue, I have a work around though, but it takes some work.

What I do is I go into my songs folder and find the mp3 file for the songs that I want. I personally use Spotify to listen to music, but the easiest way to make this work is to use iTunes. iTunes because it copies the file to it's own directory making it really easy for it to identify and for you to find. After making iTunes your default player, just double-click the mp3 files that you want and it will automatically add to your directory on iTunes and you will be able to find it there.

This method takes a lot of time to sort out if you have a lot of songs. Just a small workaround if you will.

- R3D
peppy
Fixed in latest cutting edge build.