forum

Disable grid

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +11
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
When grid snapping is disabled in the editor, I'd like the grid to be hidden. It's unneeded and it'd be nice to quickly view storyboard changes without the grid in the way.
mm201
Only if it's a separate option. I regularly place objects on half-grids and adjust the alignment of stacks by taking them out of snap, so seeing the grid is a useful base reference.
awp
I'd like to be able to disable the grid as well - especially for design mode. All it does in design mode is cover things anyway; is there a useful application for it, there?
Skyripper
No. In fact that grid is different than the Compose grid in the first place. Aligning something in the Design grid aligns it on a 640x480 scale while the Compose grid is either 800x600 or 1024x768 (I don't remember which).

I second this, although seconding is pointless XD
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
Bampu.
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
I'll break the rules and double-bampu.
Sakura

strager wrote:

What? strager is breaking the rules? this is madness!!

back on topic... yeah it think it's a nice idea, but it should be an option in the view > grid > Lv1, Lv2, Lv3, No grid
so +support
mm201
1. Disabling grid snap turns off grid.
2. Allow us to disable angle snapping when holding Shift. (could be a parallel option to hexagonal angle snapping, ie. Angle Snap: {Octagonal, Horizontal hex, Vertical hex, None})
3. Make grid snapping work in the SBE for move commands.

strager wrote:

*deni-
Glass

MetalMario201 wrote:

omgyes
Zekira

Glasslake wrote:

MetalMario201 wrote:

omgyes
YES PLEASE!
theowest
It's been 2 years.

Bamp
vodit51321
It's been 13 years lol