forum

[resolved] Choppy gameplay

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MPGHThunder
Just recently, as in earlier today, osu has been acting choppy when I'm trying to play maps. I've tried everything I could think of and I've browsed a couple of a threads on here but I couldn't find a solution. I'm running osu! through Wine on Ubuntu 12.04 though this is the first time that I've lagged.
Topic Starter
MPGHThunder
Plox help guise.
Topic Starter
MPGHThunder
pls help really need help
Niervaco
I can say yeah sometimes my osu! as been skipping frames. No idea how to fix, for me it just fixes itself.
Rio-
did You try killing some process that might overload Your CPU much?
Topic Starter
MPGHThunder

satriobp wrote:

Yeah I have, still I have a very high-end CPU so even if I ran several exhausting games in the background it wouldn't lag osu.
Niervaco

MPGHThunder wrote:

satriobp wrote:

Yeah I have, still I have a very high-end CPU so even if I ran several exhausting games in the background it wouldn't lag osu.
My computer is mid range (except for graphics lolz) and it still has the same issues. Is it lag or just frame skips?
Topic Starter
MPGHThunder

Niervaco wrote:

My computer is mid range (except for graphics lolz) and it still has the same issues. Is it lag or just frame skips?
I dunno unless you post specs, but it might be more than your computer can handle. What OS are you running? I'm pretty sure it's the Wine emulator I'm using in Linux that's lagging me. I've tried re-installing it and tinkering with the settings but it's still not working.

Try this website and compare your specs - http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=1796&game=osu!
DarkKanaki
Ummm... Did you try to switch to unlimited FPS...
Also, maybe change the renderer?
Other than that, I don't really have any clue why your computer would have a problem with Osu! unless if you have a ton of other applications opened at the same time...
But as you said:

MPGHThunder wrote:

Topic Starter
MPGHThunder
I've went through all the common solutions already.
Niervaco
Yeah the Wine emulator is a good question.

Wondows 7 with anE8600 at 3.2 Ghz (Core2 wolfdale)

Intel X4500 (sucks) 533 Mhz.
Topic Starter
MPGHThunder
No idea why but it started working normally again.
Piine
So hopefully this thread is resolved?
DarkKanaki
Weird...
Problems like this seem to resolve itself over time...
Niervaco
Actually no, if it solved itself, it may reappear again.
Nathanael
Marked as resolved.
Well if it happens again, the thread starter may reply here again.