forum

Individual multiplier number pulses

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
Behon
If you have no idea what this means, watch this video and note the multiplier:

Basically, each digit pulses individually from right to left, instead of all at once. It's a really cool effect, so is there any chance of it being added?
Gens
Yes, I've always noticed this in the original games.
Yes, it might be cool (Some skin.ini thing? For authentic skins :3)
But I think it isn't really that important.
Topic Starter
Behon
Bump for great justice.
RemmyX25
I believe this was denied once already.
Torran
Support.
Derekku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old

Derekku Chan wrote:

Uh, what would be the point? No one would be staring at that while playing :|
Why have the score gradually increase, if you're not looking at it while playing?

You see, awesome features like this make a game cool-looking.
Derekku
You know what... after checking to see exactly how it looks in osu!, I see that there is a big difference and the ouendan version obviously is better XP

+support
peppy
I'm all for changing the current effect. Maybe in a more original way. I'm quite against making it "emulate ouendan".
awp

peppy wrote:

I'm all for changing the current effect. Maybe in a more original way. I'm quite against making it "emulate ouendan".
Would it be too much to ask for each incoming digit to "burst" out of the former like it was a bird being hatched from an egg except the bird and egg are both numbers and the bird is on steroids

I imagine abstracting it would be kind of difficult because you'd have to dissect each image into little pieces and then have them fly off into obscurity.

That or have them burst into little star2.pngs or something

I'm sure I can come up with a dozen more ideas between now and 10 minutes after I next recall this thread.
LuigiHann
I think if you do basically what Ouendan does, but to a much subtler degree, it'll come out as a cool-looking ripple effect. Or just have the pulsing in general ripple from the leftmost digit to the right. It'd look good that way I think.
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Derekku

awp wrote:

peppy wrote:

That or have them burst into little star2.pngs or something
in b4 people complain about it causing "lag" "just like kiai time does"

Support for LH's idea~
peppy
I shall give Luigi's idea a try. Sounds like it could look nice.
Zekira