forum

Lower HP drain in replays [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
0_o
I've noticed while watching a bunch of my replays that the HP drain is much lower in the replay than in the actual play. Has anyone else noticed this?
mm201
I can't say that I've noticed this, but I don't normally watch the HP bar in replays.

It probably covers for a more serious bug caused by possible inaccuracy in replays, causing the replay to fail when the player didn't.

I've seen it happen a few times that a replay broke its combo when the score it's tied to is an FC.

Maybe NoFail mod in replays would cover for this bug more silently?
peppy
Drain is accurate in replays unless proof can be given otherwise? Got a video of this happening or something?

@MM: replays can't fail. inaccurate replays are probably dated back to when they weren't perfectly accurate.
Topic Starter
0_o
Actually, I think the problem isn't the HP drain, its that successful hits give more of a boost (specifically spinners and sliders)

I'll see if I can find actual proof, I just noticed it when I watched my replay of my best play of The Office Theme (Dwight's Challenge) and I distinctly remember almost failing in the last few seconds, but the replay shows me having a fair amount of HP.

EDIT: OK, I just opened Boten Anna (Insane) in the editor, and you will notice this slider 00:57:77 (6) will drain your HP when you are playing, but the HP will remain stable when it's on Autoplay (it's the same for all the sliders, it's just easier to notice on this one)
It's not a replay, but maybe this has something to do with "the computer" playing in general?
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
0_o
It's the same when you watch replays of it too, just watch any of the top plays
peppy
Thanks for being persistent and providing an example.

I have found the problem (the animation wasn't playing fast enough during sliders in replays/autoplay) and fixed in the latest test build :).