forum

[supporters!] Change Spectator Key Overlay Color

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +51
Topic Starter
Bites
I think it's be another fun aesthetic perk of being an osu! supporter, if you could change the color that your k1 k2 m1 m2 spectator overlay glowed on pressdown to the people who are spectating you/watching your replays.

gokiburi
I want this. RGBY!
theowest
Wouldn't it be easier if you could just skin it?
Topic Starter
Bites

theowest wrote:

Wouldn't it be easier if you could just skin it?
The point is that your key color choice shows up to people spectating you or watching your replays - it would serve to give your playing it's own little personal flair.

Also another incentive to become a supporter, too! More reason to give peppy all of your money.
theowest
What I mean is being able to choose the default colours in skin.ini just like you can with default combo colours.
and skinning the rest of the key overlay elements. Much easier.

I doubt peppy would invent this colour picker, it should in any case be applied for combo colours first.
deadbeat

theowest wrote:

What I mean is being able to choose the default colours in skin.ini just like you can with default combo colours.
that kinda makes a bit of sense ._.
though i think M1 and M2 should have the same colour. K1 and K2 should share a colour as well
Topic Starter
Bites

deadbeat wrote:

theowest wrote:

that kinda makes a bit of sense ._.
though i think M1 and M2 should have the same colour. K1 and K2 should share a colour as well
Yeah, I suppose. I figured it would be cooler to let people have different colors for each one, but it perhaps makes more sense to do it like that.
theowest
Making this skinnable: t/102095/
Saten

theowest wrote:

Making this skinnable: t/102095/
I support the color change
But the skinning.. Why do you want to do that?
it would just be more confusing. I prefer it the way it is now

You wanna skin it like this?
theowest
Don't be silly. You'd want to make it look good for you. I personally don't like the "apple effect" and the rounded edges. Ask any skinner why they'd want to skin stuff.

Let's be realistic here, it'll be much easier for peppy to make this available as something skinnable than having him create this colour picker.

If you could skin it, you could change the font, the colour of the font, the default "not pressing any button" colour, the colours when pressing (this request), background colour, outline, etc.
Topic Starter
Bites

theowest wrote:

Don't be silly. You'd want to make it look good for you. I personally don't like the "apple effect" and the rounded edges. Ask any skinner why they'd want to skin stuff.

Let's be realistic here, it'll be much easier for peppy to make this available as something skinnable than having him create this colour picker.

If you could skin it, you could change the font, the colour of the font, the default "not pressing any button" colour, the colours when pressing (this request), background colour, outline, etc.
The idea though is that all people who are spectating you or watching your replay would be able to see what colors you've chosen for your key overlay, and I can imagine it's a lot easier to send a single rgb value than an image or skin element.
theowest

Bites wrote:

theowest wrote:

The idea though is that all people who are spectating you or watching your replay would be able to see what colors you've chosen for your key overlay, and I can imagine it's a lot easier to send a single rgb value than an image or skin element.
uh.. I think most people would prefer to have their own colours. Same with combo colours and skin.
theowest
Looks like the key overlay was skinable after all t/51694/start=270

but you can't change the colours, which makes this request more valid.