forum

[Archived] Recent occurrence of lag spikes.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ayachi-
Then it is the laptop's setting,
You must have use the setting for saving battery
So when it is not plugged, the laptop will work slower
Topic Starter
jokeroops0

[ S a k u r a ] wrote:

Hmmm, Ill try some things... Still open to suggestions for if this doesn't work.
Ayachi-
It is some energy or battery setting in control panel or other battery programs
Topic Starter
jokeroops0

jokeroops0 wrote:

[ S a k u r a ] wrote:

Hmmm, Ill try some things... Still open to suggestions for if this doesn't work.
Created a new communist power plan for high performance, and ghanged the graphics performance options to max in the setting for battery. Let's not called this solved until I can confirm with the tablet, shall we?
drum drum
Confirm what with the tablet?
Topic Starter
jokeroops0

drum drum wrote:

That the lag spikes do or don't happen.
Topic Starter
jokeroops0

jokeroops0 wrote:

drum drum wrote:

That the lag spikes do or don't happen.
Tablet is still causing them. The problem is now that when the tablet is plugged in the problem still occurs. Next time I have have it I will test if the problem occurs when the computers charger is plugged in.

[ S a k u r a ] wrote:

It is some energy or battery setting in control panel or other battery programs
Despite my current power plan has the exact same settings for the battery and charger, like "ATI Graphics Performance", it's still getting the same problem with the tablet, but it did scale it down a bit. Now what?
Full Tablet
In the tablet settings disable "Use Windows Ink".
Make sure wisptis.exe is not running while playing osu!.
Topic Starter
jokeroops0

Full Tablet wrote:

In the tablet settings disable "Use Windows Ink".
I tried, no change.

Full Tablet wrote:

I'll make sure of that next time.
Topic Starter
jokeroops0

Full Tablet wrote:

Would it be running without the tablet plugged in? All the rest of the driver is.
Topic Starter
jokeroops0
STILL! No change!
Topic Starter
jokeroops0
Ummm, USB3 might have fixed it...
Topic Starter
jokeroops0

jokeroops0 wrote:

Ummm, USB3 might have fixed it...
Nevermind, help me.
Full Tablet
Can you monitor your CPU (Use per core)/GPU/Disk (Use and queue size)/Memory/DPC Latency (http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml) to check if there is a high usage of any of these during the lag spikes?
Topic Starter
jokeroops0

Full Tablet wrote:

Can you monitor your CPU (Use per core)/GPU/Disk (Use and queue size)/Memory/DPC Latency (http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml) to check if there is a high usage of any of these during the lag spikes?
Holy shit, 20% CPU spike when it happens, and no DPC changes.
Topic Starter
jokeroops0
So yeah, problems still occurring...
drum drum
Please edit your posts rather than posting multiple replies. It's part of the rules not to multi-post
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Rules
Topic Starter
jokeroops0

drum drum wrote:

Please edit your posts rather than posting multiple replies. It's part of the rules not to multi-post
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Rules
Whoops, didn't know, now I do. Either may my problem is happening still. Any help?
drum drum
I thought you already fixed it by plugging the laptop with the power cord. How is there still a problem?

Since it's part of the laptop itself I don't think there is a point in trying to bypass its functions.
Topic Starter
jokeroops0

drum drum wrote:

I thought you already fixed it by plugging the laptop with the power cord. How is there still a problem?

Since it's part of the laptop itself I don't think there is a point in trying to bypass its functions.
Nope, problem came back shortly.
Bluegrass_Grape
Recently I've been getting an inhumane amount of lag spikes, that are more or less 200fps (I show a frame rate of 240fps) and it really comes into effect when I play certain maps that are using lots of reversing sliders in a short period of time, or several objects placed closely together. I don't get why it keeps happening but it does. Here are my Laptop specs in case you need them:

Intel i5-6360U @2.00GHz (dual core processor)
Intel Iris Graphics
8GB RAM

The laptop I always run with the best performance, yet this seems to be a recurring theme.