forum

[Archived] Can't play osu! on linux even with Wine :(

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
EmeraldSnorlax
After Windows got corrupted, I took it as an opportunity to switch to Ubuntu..
But no matter how many guides I try, osu! won't run... :( Wine doesn't work, it just infinitely installs from 0% to 100%, then the launcher closes, reopens, repeats...

I have tried countless guides, none of which have worked.
I also tried running osu! in a VM, but it needs OpenGL, which is kind of a problem since a VM doesn't have a graphics card. Even if it theoretically worked, I have heard that the latency is very high :(

So, are there any working solutions that work on Ubuntu 18.04?

Lutris and PoL did not work either
JeDaYoshi
For some reason, osu! fails to download discord-rpc.dll on Wine (which you won't need anyway, unless you run Discord AND on Wine, no fix for that yet and it's been like that for like almost a year)

A "fix" for that is to download it externally, like from their official GitHub repository's releases.

Not sure which version uses though. I am not sure if uploading the .dll from osu! externally would be considered "safe" for some - if you want it feel free to PM me or ask a friend/look at your old install if you still have it. Otherwise you can try downloading the available discord-rpc-win.zip (32 bits, just in case) until you find the version that works (If I remember well, it has not been updated since it was first integrated [~October 2017], so you can use that as a guide.) and put it on your osu! installation folder.
show more