forum

[osu!taiko] Approach Rate

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Okoratu
So what's you people's stance on using the approach rate setting in taiko

Context: if you set the Approach rating it influences how the game handles break times, you will be able to manipulate manual break time ends and starts differently with AR10 than you would be able to do at AR0

So technically the setting isn't irrelevant so i want to know if there should be any sort of regulattion on how to use it or if we should unify every map to just use ar10 for example.

Should a set that uses break time for whatever reason use the same Approach rate throughout all difficulties for example?
tatatat
Uhh... I don't think approach rate really matters. Or break time. I think that if there are any rules or guidelines, it should only be a guideline for consistent AR throughout all diffs, and maybe only for situations where AR is abused. I myself only ever used CS2 AR10 because it looks nice.
pishifat
im guessing based on the (lack of) responses, this break time stuff isn't substantial enough to gameplay for rc standardization

if taiko people think otherwise, say so soon, otherwise i think this can be archived
Topic Starter
Okoratu
it's pretty lol that it even does anything, people don't seem to care though so i'm archiving
show more