forum

osu! Mania: Having trouble being accurate with sustain notes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ultimoakim
Hey guys, so I just started playing osu! Mania recently (7k to be precise), and I have a question for those of you who have played osu! Mania.
So I'm working on becoming a more accurate player in osu!. I seem to be hitting the perfect 300 accuracy for single tap notes, but when the sustain notes come, I can never get in exactly, no matter how accurate I try to be. It always registers as a 100 for some reason and I don't know why. I literally feel like I should be getting good accuracy for sustain notes, but it's just not working, no matter what I try. For the single tap notes, though, I'm able to get good accuracy (perfect 300) on them most of the time.
I've also adjusted the universal offset to match the beat of the music as much as possible and nothing seems to have changed when it comes to those darn sustain notes.
I'm seriously stuck and have honestly no idea what to do. If only I didn't have bad accuracy on those sustain notes I think my score would be much higher.
Any help or any advice is appreciated. Thank you very much.
Full Tablet
You must release the notes just as they end, you can't keep pressing the button beyond the duration of the long notes (unlike osu!standard and several other rhythm games).
Laurencia
koemada
Play more maps with sustain notes that basically make up almost the entire map. You get more practice and you’ll slowly figure out why you aren’t exactly hitting the notes right, whether or not it be about the timing or maybe you’re just holding it down for too long.
Yyorshire
sustain notes
Ryu Sei
Judgment for sustain notes (I called it as noodles LongNotes) are given on the time you press it and release it. Similar like IIDX, where you need to actually let go LNs when it ends.

Try play more noodles LN-dense charts. Oh, some auto converts also have LNs which some of them is stupidly good for your training, since auto converts renders 3 hitsounds for them: when you press the note, when you hold the note, and when you release the note.
show more