forum

A separated Combo Colors panel for the Editor

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
Lince Cosmico
Wouldn't it really good to have a different Combo Colors separated from the common ones?
I mean, combo colors that only appear if you set them (through the New Combo colorhaxing), instead of automatically setting them by order
(keeping the automatic colours in other options panel on the editor)
So we can do things like gradient changes on the combo colours and use them to make effects like for example: If we're getting into the kiai from a slow part, we could put darker colors then gradually make them brighter until we get into the kiai.

Obviouslly this colors wouldn't affect the normal ones, only if you decide to set them. Let's say I have 4 normal combo colors (for example Pink, Lightblue, Blue and Red). They'd set automatically (as they do now) by color order, but then we could pick other colors from the other pannel that doesn't set automatically (for example let's say a gradient scale from a Darker Red to a Brighter Red)
Caput Mortuum
🌟
current system is a pain tbh
Uta
It's not that great of an idea imo. It will be frustrating to see an often changes of combo colours
Topic Starter
Lince Cosmico

Uta wrote:

It's not that great of an idea imo. It will be frustrating to see an often changes of combo colours
It just depends on the way you use it, also you're not obligated to use it as well
Current combo color usage is pretty much repetitive so it would be cool to at least be able to express the music by other ways that are not just notes
Uta
I wouldn't say it's repitetive, for me it's just consistency. new players be like "wtf, there is too much colours". But yeah! I understand what you are saying.
Caput Mortuum
... I don't think I've ever heard anyone complaining about combo colors. Anyway, that issue can be sorted easily within 3 clicks; Menu -> Options -> Ignore all beatmap skins.
Topic Starter
Lince Cosmico

Eraser wrote:

... I don't think I've ever heard anyone complaining about combo colors. Anyway, that issue can be sorted easily within 3 clicks; Menu -> Options -> Ignore all beatmap skins.
I think most of players ignores them already, I don't and I sometimes face against really dark combo colors that doesn't let me see the approach circles correctly :(