forum

Separate scoreboards for varying rank ranges

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
IsoSubjectPi
A map wouldn't have only one scoreboard but multiple for people of different ranks, 1k - 5k, 5k - 10k, 10k - 20k etc. We would still have a global scoreboard for everyone of course. So the scores you set would be included on two scoreboards, a global one for everyone, and a scoreboard for just your rank range.

Unless the map is really easy or underplayed it takes a very long time before you can set top 50 scores let alone get number one on a map. This would allow everyone to compete on maps with players in their respective rank range. People would actually have motivation to try hard when they can see the results displayed on a scoreboard. I would definitely enjoy the game a lot more if i could compete like that. Also it might make cheaters more identifiable since it would be very obvious they are setting scores unrealistic to others at their rank.

This may require a lot of resources to uphold but I still think it's a good idea. Tell me what you guys think.
Sandy Hoey
I think that this isn't really necessary.You'd have to make the rank ranges really small if you want it to be super competitive around people's level. And as for cheating, if a player is cheating on map, they are going to be top 50 (unless they can't figure out how to cheat properly), so that argument doesn't really make sense

If anything, I think it would be better to have the score board be around your recent play. For example, I have a play on a map and the leaderboard would show the 50 players above me
Topic Starter
IsoSubjectPi
I get your point about the cheating thing and I agree. As for the other suggestion, having small rank ranges is the point so that it can be competitive. You could just show the 50 players above you on the global scoreboard but it wouldn't be at all competitive or motivating. I think having their scores on a public display is what would encourage players.