forum

Latest Monstrata Map (Cookie-butter thing)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Iyouka
So the latest monstrata's short map is pretty overweight....what's your opinion? Good for gaining pp or just a shitmap? xD
Or if you're peppy,would you re-unrank that map?

I accidentally FC that map
I know i'm a 'dirty' farmer,sorry m8 ;-;
Aurani
Gameplay & Rankings:
Discuss your scores, strategies etc. Challenge people. Anything about playing osu!

Off-Topic:
For the not-so-logical discussions.

Which one do you think is the right one to post that thread in?
Topic Starter
Iyouka

Aurani wrote:

Gameplay & Rankings:
Discuss your scores, strategies etc. Challenge people. Anything about playing osu!

Off-Topic:
For the not-so-logical discussions.

Which one do you think is the right one to post that thread in?
why not both? jk lel sorry
abraker
I actually think the map design is headed into the natural and right direction. Everybody keeps on forgetting that the older 3* maps are sometimes as hard as today's 5* maps due more technical and reading intensive design. I expect maps containing denser yet intuitive jump patterns. Once the jumps become fast enough, you would alternate fingers to hit the notes, making osu! standard style jumpstreams. The mapping meta is slowly heading towards these kind of patterns that doesn't require you to read the individual note placement, but instead the overall pattern design. Think of it as you already know the motion of the 20 note pattern of the 5 second jumpstream, so you only need to read the pattern type and not the notes themselves, much like in mania. I Expect those to be twice as much pp as an a map of a similar star rating today.
Tae
Finally done with that piece of worthless junk. Crap, Monstrata, when you started making things like Sasageyo and Goodbye to a world, I actually started getting my hopes up that you were finally going to break out of your terrible Taki and Mitsuha stage and start cranking out truly admirable maps. Even though Yume Tourou raised a red flag or two, I still had high hopes. And then this self-indulgent pretentious abomination gets vomitted onto the site. This is not only your worst map, but possibly the worst map I have ever seen. Why? Others were bad as satire, ignorance, age, or inexperience. You qualify for none of these categories, you have no excuse.

Believe me, I have nothing against sesame street, be it Elmo, Cookie Monster, or Ernie. And I have no problem with someone in the osu community championing the genre as a flagship of broadening horizons. What I do have a problem with is that you, the person championing it, have absolutely no respect for the music or its structure. At the slightest "cookie" or "butter", you are more than happy to start disregarding the music and just throwing triangles where you just make the distance and position anywhere you feel like, no matter how awful the end result is.
This vulgar excuse for a map reeks of every stupid and arrogant Monstrataism the community has had to bear witness to: Triangle jumps with no musical reasoning, sky high DS at random times, triangles that just decide to jump to some random part of the playing field with no warning, buckshot spread patterns with no cohesive structure, triangles that space out to absurd degrees, rampant abuse of SV changes and BPM modification to cover up lazy mapping, triangle jumps that clearly are just cases of Ctrl+H and Ctrl+J abuse, and worst of all, using the music genre as your own little shield to justify every little moment of "I map like this because fuck you, I'm Monstrata" you can stuff in your pathetic and self-subservient maps.
Stop using songs as canvases for your abhorrent "artistry", stop using your cult of personality to force your lazy work on others, and stop thinking that maps are good just because a computer designed to perfectly perform with flaw can manage to beat it.
Yuudachi-kun
Osu standard ahahahahhaha

I forgot about that shit a long time ago
Ryoid
I have a cookie, i have a choco
Ohh choco cookie!

For a average noob acc player like me. It was an enjoyable map to play with kinda low, very damn fucking low AR
And still give huge amount of PP at the same time
And what i say this was a masterpiece!.... No i'm joking

Why! Why monstrata? I really Expecting something great from your beatmap just like amazing break,yume tourou and the other of your creation
It was fun and enjoyable to play than this damn fucking low ar jump pp map
I don't give a shit about pp, all i care is that is want to become better so can playing an art or masterpiece created by a beatmapper
And the beatmap that just ranked is just.. Well i don't know
But playing a 40 second jump beatmap to gain pp it just waste my time

Well thats all i can say, good luck and don't forget to enjoy the game
Stefan
And this is why we have maps such as CBCC.