forum

Rival Ranking

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,199
show more
[ Katsu ]
Awesome idea +1 from me. Would be nice to compare with a certain few people that i'm not friends with.
Kurokami
I really like this idea but I guess this will be a supporter feature and I just don't really want to pay for this only. q.q
Kuchibiiru
I would love if their was a rival feature. Maybe have it send you a message in-game whenever your rival gets a higher score/rank on a song.
Azer
Really want this.
Baronot

Kuchibiiru wrote:

I would love if their was a rival feature. Maybe have it send you a message in-game whenever your rival gets a higher score/rank on a song.
As someone who loves competing with friends, this has all my want.
PyaKura
Sounds cool. It would be nice if it is implemented, but I can live without it.
I do agree that scrolling through ~30 friends who are ahead of me in the friend ranking is annoying sometimes tho.
LexiaLovesU
Yeah this will actually give a purpose to the manage rivals since now it really has none support~
Lako
DENKOUSEKKA
I would get supporter just for this feature
Nyxa

Yuzuru wrote:

Addition : How about Rivalry System? So when you develop a rivalry relationship with someone, you can compete with them !

Rival(s) list will appear here. BUT you need his/her permission to become a mutual rival! ( No one-sided rivalry. somehow i don't like it lol)

By this i mean when your rival beats your best performance, a notification will appear saying " [Rival Name] has beaten one of your best performance! Click here ....... " or something like that. This notification will appear in-game ,when you're online. if your rival beats your best performance when you're offline, the notification will appear when you login on osu!

And because sometimes best performance didn't make a sense, so another option you can create your own " Best Ranks" ! (max 10 beatmaps)

And because it's really hard to be implemented (imo), how about making it limited to supporters and ex-supporters?

And lastly, support !
I like this idea, but I think that an in-game notification wouldn't work, at all. Sometimes I get several highscores in a single day, that would mean that if my rival did that, I would be spammed with messages upon logging in. It would be better to have something like a "Rival Activity" page, where you can see which of your highscores your rivals beat, along with (maybe) their recent top 50's, #1 ranks, and top performances as well. If there was any new activity since you last visited this page, it could give you an in-game notification that links to that page.

Not sure how or if this could be implemented, but I fully support it. I hate having to manually keep track of my friends' scores. +5.
DENKOUSEKKA

-Scylla- wrote:

I think that an in-game notification wouldn't work, at all. Sometimes I get several highscores in a single day, that would mean that if my rival did that, I would be spammed with messages upon logging in.
IT should work only when you both are online.
Treatzza
Upvoting this. I think this would be a really fun feature to add for friends who just want compete against each other while motivating each other to play the game more.
-Maus-
I support this, and I bet that abraker would support it as well, lol
PyaKura
Still supporting this. Here, take my star. Having someone to compete with is always nice.
Razorust
+2 :D
[ iL ]
Great idea. I'd bump, but I'm not supporter.
valar
Yes. +20
Goost
+4 promoted :) I need so hard rivals
Bara-
Yes please
LastExceed
Not a supporter, so bump is all i can do
SoSkyHi
Honestly this sounds like a pretty great possible feature. It isn't too taxing to create, I'd imagine. And I can think of quite a lot of people that would find value in this. I typically add anyone in osu! that's friendly (which means a lot of people!). It would be nice to have a separate way to track very specific friends.
However, because this feels a bit invasive to keep watch on another player so intently, I agree with people stating above that to be come 'rivals', it should be a mutual consent thing. No one sided rivalries... that would just feel annoying and create drama between two friends where one wants to be rivals and the other does not. There should be no harassment.
<3