forum

Accurney 30k-60k [REGISTRATIONS CLOSED]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Soy Sause
Welcome to Accurney!

Be prepared to be mindblown with this new Osu!Standard tournament using accuracy!
This tournament is a little different from what you usually play, so stick around while we explain!

Discord | Challonge | Twitch

How the tournament will work
Instead of using score v1 or score v2, we are using something different: Accuracy!
We only have 16 slots, so be quick!

Rules
This is going to be a wall of text, so bare with us!

- It will be a 1v1

- We will use accuracy as the winning factor.

- In case of a tie in accuracy, however, we will decide the victor based on score (which is in score v1).

- There is a losers bracket, so if you mess up one week, you have a chance to come back!

- Timezone will be set in 0 UTC.

- The mods for this tournament will consist of Hardrock, Hidden, Nomod, and Double Time.

- We will have no freemod pools.

- The mappool will consist of 5 Nomod, 3 Hidden, 3 Hardrock, 3 Double time, and 1 Tiebreaker. It will be 4 star maps at first, but it will rise as the weeks go on.

- The Tiebreaker can have HD, HR, EZ, and/or FL.

- If you cannot make it to the selected time, or you wish to reschedule, you may do so with your partner to find an appropriate time. Message an admin so they know that you've changed the time.

- Your play count has to be over your PP (this is to try and prevent those to play offline or on Ripple to join, so everyone has a fair chance).

-If you are deemed suspicious of using Ripple or another source to get better and to win lower tournaments, we have the right to kick you from the tournament.

- You cannot go under 30k during registrations. You have a 1.5k leeway after registrations end.

How to sign up (both for player, and staff)
Registrations (Player) | Registrations (Staff)

Signing up as a player!

1) There is a link above to direct you to a google form to which you have to fill out.

2) Join the Discord server listed above.

3) Make sure you set your name on Discord to your Osu! name! We will be able to find you easier that way.

Signing up as a staff member!

The Process is relatively the same as before:

1) There is a link above that will direct you to a form for you to fill out (make sure you answer every question!).

2) Join the Discord server also listed above.

3) Change your name to your Osu! name so we know who you are!

IMPORTANT NOTICE

- You cannot be staff and be a player at the same time! So pick wisely!

- All referees need to use the IRC client. If you don't, we won't be able to get precise accuracy readings.

Schedules
These schedules can be changed at any point, so be aware!

Registrations Start: April 1st
Registrations End and mappool/schedules released: April 14th
First Round: April 22nd - 23rd
Second Round: April 29th - 30th
Third Round: May 6th - 7th
Quarter Finals: May 13th - 14th
Semi-Finals: May 20th - 21st
Finals: May 27th or 28th

Prizes
Prize pool:
First place: 4 months of Supporter
Second place: 2 months of Supporter
Third place: 1 month of Supporter

Match Procedures
Players will enter the lobby by the referee.

When done so, players must roll once for warm-ups, highest roll picks first. Each team gets 1 warm-up each, and can be skipped if both teams agree.

Referee's will create and invite the players 15 minutes early than the selected time for all players to join and pick warm-ups. Be quick, because you will be starting the actual match as soon as it hits the selected time!

After warm-ups, players will roll again for picks and bans. The player with the highest roll will ban second and pick first, while the player with the lowest roll will ban first and pick second. Each team gets two bans, each.

First and second round will consist of being a best of 7. Third will be best of 9, forth will be best of 11, and so on.

Week one, players will either play Saturday or Sunday to allow schedule flexibility and stream as many matches as possible.
Week two, the Winners of Week One will play Saturday and the Losers will play Sunday.
Week Three and for the rest of the tournament, the players still remaining will all play on Saturdays. The losers of Saturdays will play again on Sunday and if the player wins their Sunday match they will play again next week on Saturday.

If anyone has questions, please ask the hosts.

Staff
Hosts: TripleMehXL, PM ME YUR MEMES, Talented Tuna, Fred2510, jacobcraft1111, Hanabii
Referees: TheWildGazelle, Chalwa, YoshiLover456, jh1h1h, Mausha, Espalza, IamEld3st, Xeli, CocoSunshine, FluXimity, Boomdopew, oralekin
Commentators: TheWildGazelle, Chalwa
Streamers: Espalza

Hosts will be the ones who will create the mappool

Thank you, and have a wonderful rest of your day!
PM ME YUR MEMES
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
valar

TripleMehXL wrote:

Be prepared to be mindblown with this new Osu!Standard tournament using accuracy!
That doesn't sound very fun, good luck~ :P
Hanabii

valar wrote:

TripleMehXL wrote:

That doesn't sound very fun, good luck~ :P
The notion of valuing score over accuracy is the very thing we are trying to critique with this tournament. It doesn't make sense to think using score as the win condition is any more fun than using accuracy, you're still doing the exact same thing at the end of the day: clicking circles. In my opinion, osu! is more of a rhythm game than an aim game, so your job is to click circles to the beat, not mindlessly flick your cursor around.

But I agree with you that some people might initially be put off from the accuracy win condition. However, I hope people see how arbitrary it is to care about the win condition and just have fun playing the game for what it really is.
PM ME YUR MEMES
Lots of slots open for anyone interested in playing :D
Pruggles
Man, I really wish I could sign up but I'm away for the weekend of the first round :C
SaberBG
I'm currently rank #29,731, would I be allowed to sign up?
ZXmilk_12
I've just filled the player fourm LOL
Topic Starter
Soy Sause

SaberBG wrote:

I'm currently rank #29,731, would I be allowed to sign up?
Sorry, but you have to be 30k or above during registrations. Try not to play this week. You're close to 30k, so try to derank :D