forum

Storyboard/BG display for secondary monitors.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
My Angel Gordon
Games like IIDX feature visualizations at the center of the screen, but of course the actual playfield is uninterrupted.

It would be an interesting feature of osu allowed BGs and Storyboards to be displayed onto another monitor while retaining BG dim on the actual playfield.
Sandy Hoey
Because you can look at your second monitor while playing. I wish I was a chameleon like you
Nitrous
This would look like an arcade. Let me give it a deep thought 🤔
o x
What's the point of it? You won't pay any attention to the storyboard or background while playing if you cast it to a different monitor.
Caput Mortuum
it would be cool for the spectators (not in game), and beatmania has this too. Though yeah it's kind of pointless
Topic Starter
My Angel Gordon

-Nitrous wrote:

This would look like an arcade. Let me give it a deep thought 🤔
That's what I was intending with this suggestion.

Ultimately there is no real point for it other than aesthetics, but some people would appreciate the arcade style
AUS-teisciitb
Maybe just having osu! expand across both monitors in general, allowing the chat and osu!direct to be open on the (secondary) monitor?

It would definitely give osu! a more imersive feel.
nerfs
Some other things may be added to the secondary monitor to add more stuff for those spectating to look at, such as score, accuracy, and combo. Judgement counters may also be added (number of 300s, 100s, 50s, and misses the player has hit). Or even the song info (title, artist, source) and diff info (CS, HP, AR, OD, star difficulty).