forum

Problem with aiming.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ShinyUAX
Hey guys,

Playing for around 11 months now (with some breaks) and feel like my aim is doomed.

Since I started playing osu! my aim was pretty good. I was able to pass 5* jump maps within my first month and did pass my first 7* within 3 months and got my first 5.98* 193pp play after less than 4 months.

But after that point I noticed that Iam struggeling to improve further more. I started having problems fcing maps, doing random misses and wierd aim mistakes. From then to now I tried various grips, switched from dragging (was a heavy dragger; my tablet got scratches) to hovering and back to dragging. Even started playing with mouse cause I got so frustrated playing tablet.

The past 3 months Iam hovering and using same area (a little bit less than half area of the ctl480). Still making these bullshit misses which keep me of getting 200+pp scores and high * fcs. Iam doing wierd curve movements at fast jumps with medium distance(which leads often to misses)- Is there anyway to relearn aiming or any way I can rid of these bad habits?

N0thingSpecial
I think your aim is less of a concern compared to your accuracy and consistency
Topic Starter
ShinyUAX
If can pass a 6* map with less than 100ur and 98% and 2 misses I think im okay.
I dont know why my aim is inconsistent:/
Jukkii
Your scores definitely dont represent an ability to pass 6* with less than 100 UR and 2 misses.

Your acc seems to be your biggest problem. Work on that and worry about your aim later
N0thingSpecial
Play marathon maps, aim for full combo and high acc.

Looking at your top rank I don't think you've spent a lot of time playing maps that has 1600+ max combo
Attenox
1) Play long maps
2) Don't retry
Nattsun

ShinyUAX wrote:

I dont know why my aim is inconsistent:/
Not even with HT :) :) :) :)

Your aim becomes "inconsistent" if you retry a PP size map multiple times for an FC. <--- if you can somewhat identify with that you never had consistency in the first place. Consistency comes through repetition, BUT instead of repeating the same map, you literally play any map you have and try to FC it in one try, if not move on. You probably have to start with a lower starrating that you are used to, I recommend 4-4.5* for you, and if you feel like your aim is on point move on to 4-5*.

INB4: You can't play any 4-4.5* map.

If you are going to tell me that you can play any 4* map I'll make you a list with 50 maps that you can't even pass or FC :p (talking about modern mapping styles here)
N0thingSpecial

ShinyUAX wrote:

Is it haitai btw?
Nattsun

N0thingSpecial wrote:

ShinyUAX wrote:

Is it haitai btw?
I can't pass Haitai :p Whytai? HAI HAI HAI HAITAI.

My aim sucks :c
Sayorie
Passing high-star farm maps is not a big deal, really. Play lower star jumps for consistency, then move upward. Play high-bpm jumps for aim stability and low-bpm jumps for aim+tap acc (->purpose is to fix those moments when you get a streak of 100 on a jump pattern.)
Hibiya-chan

Cirno9 wrote:

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Is it haitai btw?
I can't pass Haitai :p Whytai? HAI HAI HAI HAITAI.

My aim sucks :c
Meanwhile I still can't pass seishun's end jumps which is literally ez pp for everyone
Aktsumi

ShinyUAX wrote:

Hey guys,

Playing for around 11 months now (with some breaks) and feel like my aim is doomed.

Since I started playing osu! my aim was pretty good. I was able to pass 5* jump maps within my first month and did pass my first 7* within 3 months and got my first 5.98* 193pp play after less than 4 months.

But after that point I noticed that Iam struggeling to improve further more. I started having problems fcing maps, doing random misses and wierd aim mistakes. From then to now I tried various grips, switched from dragging (was a heavy dragger; my tablet got scratches) to hovering and back to dragging. Even started playing with mouse cause I got so frustrated playing tablet.

The past 3 months Iam hovering and using same area (a little bit less than half area of the ctl480). Still making these bullshit misses which keep me of getting 200+pp scores and high * fcs. Iam doing wierd curve movements at fast jumps with medium distance(which leads often to misses)- Is there anyway to relearn aiming or any way I can rid of these bad habits?

there are no shortcuts in this game, only bad habits. you only think you passed your first 7* map but the truth is, your fundamentals are doomed
I suggest you playing like a bunch of 5 star maps (or the ones your comfortable with but requires concentration).
it looks like since your've leaped through stars your muscle memory aren't up to par

I've personally hate this so I don't practice it but you could practice snapping