forum

Question about New Mode

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Maemi no Yume
Hello. I got an idea for a new mode for osu. I started the development today, I have nothing to show yet (and I don't promise I will be able to finish it), I think it's hard to explain with words how the mode is. But my purpose here is to ask a question.
if.. IF... IF people really love the mode I'm creating, what are the chances that the mode will be officialy included on osu? Maybe it's a very dumb question and the answer is clearly "no". But I have this question in my mind in every second.. yeah.. sorry.
Maybe it will raise another question: Why don't I create my own rhythm game if the mode is cool? Because I love osu!
And I want to give it free to osu! First because osu! is free and is free from ads. It's just too beautiful.
Why this question is important for me?
If maybe it has a small chance that the mode may be included on osu, it will give me a whole new motivation to make it. But I'm going to make this even if there's zero chance.
ya~ Thank you
Sandy Hoey
If you would like to suggest a new mode for osu!, the go post in feature request providing details on your idea and see if it catches on or if it has already been suggested
Topic Starter
Maemi no Yume

Sandy Hoey wrote:

If you would like to suggest a new mode for osu!, the go post in feature request providing details on your idea and see if it catches on or if it has already been suggested
thank you
Sandy Hoey
Well, what is the idea. If even you have nothing to chow us, flush out your ideas so we can get an idea
o x
They said in the post it's really hard to explain with words, not sure why it's here if they don't show anything or explain anything tbh
Pawsu
Why is this in FR? They didn't request anything? They're talking about a custom mode they're developing in lazer.
Moving this back to Development. @OP, to answer your question, if the mode is well done enough, I think Peppy would arrange something. This would be something to ask him about via twitter though.

Also, feel free to create a thread in Feature Requests if you have an actual suggestion or feature you'd like to see in osu.
Topic Starter
Maemi no Yume
I can explain a little better now.
You are something (not defined this yet) and you have to move in the direction of the next note (like in ctb), but you are in the middle of the screen (always) and you can move to 4 different directions. When you move to the right, for example, the something you are continue in the middle of the screen and all the objects move to the left, because it's the camera following you (differently of ctb). It would be like std but the camera following the cursor, but NOT, because you can only move in 4 different directions. When you move to the direction of an object, you have to press a button to hit the object and hold the button in case of a slider. It's hard to explain how that would feel like. I have it on my mind, and the most important fact I really have no idea how to explain....
I imagine that being played with a joystick or arrows+zx, I would use joystick. The combination of the freedom of a std map with the limitation of 4 direction mechanics would make the magic. But I'm in the phase of the believing yet.
Right now I'm struggling to overcome some coding challenges (trying to read .osu maps and map that to love2d), I'm going to suffer a little more, then I'll ask for help.