forum

osu!Paradigm Mini-Tournament announcement! [Completed!]

posted
Total Posts
show more
ReBOOting_ExE
wait if the dignups are beginning on the 13th, then why is the slots all full?
Topic Starter
Nyuumie

RebOOTing wrote:

wait if the dignups are beginning on the 13th, then why is the slots all full?
Re-reading first post advised.The tournament's sign up phase ended as soon as our slots filled up. The tournament is what's set to begin soon on January 13th 2017.
Ashmar
Not playing for a week until friday. Oh Boi, I am ready for the tournament!
Topic Starter
Nyuumie
Minor update:
- Updated first post with URL to scheduled match time sheets. Check it out!
If you can't quite follow up on that exact time, posting that here or DMing me or another organizer via Discord is encouraged. Communication with your opponent as well is encouraged. Else we hope to see you there at match-time!

- We've decided that we won't be streaming until the Semis on Twitch as there are simply too many matches to handle within a short timeframe for that.

- The Semis might be Bo7 instead of Bo5.
banananami
Week 1.5 Tournament Schedule Update!

Again, if you need to reschedule please contact us on Discord, which is linked in the main post!
banananami
The Round 2 map pools! View according to your rank!

If you are in the lower brackets of the first round here:
50k-100k
15k-49k
<15k
Then you're sticking with the previous one until you advance.

Best of Luck!
banananami
Week 2 Tournament Schedule Update!

Again, if you need to reschedule please contact us on Discord, which is linked in the main post!
Topic Starter
Nyuumie
Week 2.5 Tournament Schedule Update link!

As always, if you need to re-schedule, make sure you inform/talk to your opponent (via forum PM or Discord) and us (via the Tournament Discord server) at least 12 hours in advance to avoid the risk of being DQ'd.

Week 2.5 will make use of Week 2's Mappool.
Topic Starter
Nyuumie
The Round 3 map pools! View according to your rank!

Good luck with practicing the maps~!

Shoutout to Xyhalion for doing the entire <15k bracket mappool on his own.Aside from Tetsuo also aleady doing the same for the 50k-100k bracket mappool.Thanks!
banananami
Round 3 Tournament Schedule Update!

If you need to reschedule please contact us on Discord, which is linked in the main post!
banananami
Round 4 Tournament Schedule Update!

If you need to reschedule please contact us on Discord, which is linked in the main post!

@<15k @15k-49k You'll be using the previous pool

@50k-100k New pool will be released 10hrs from now, best of 9.
Topic Starter
Nyuumie
The winner of the 50k-100k Bracket is DarknessRider22!
Congratulations!

Arsling has mentioned that the winners should lookout for their prize on Friday, though I'd still recommend contacting him directly.

The other brackets are reaching their closing stages as well soon!
banananami
Round 5 Tournament Schedule Update!

Please contact us on Discord if you need something, which is linked in the main post!

AlijahT
Congrats to DarknessRider22 (Skadic) and Nyazuru for 1st and 2nd place for 50k < 100k bracket!

Hope you enjoy supporter :D
Topic Starter
Nyuumie
azizi best waifu..if you're looking for a guy gurl that'll give you supporter :thinking:
banananami
Final Round Tournament Schedule!

Please contact us on Discord if you need something, which is linked in the main post!
Topic Starter
Nyuumie
Final Round 15k-49k Mappool!

Didn't get to recently mention that PajWoj versus Gilmat (the final of the <15k bracket) was pretty exciting to watch, PajWoj prevailed this time around :P
AlijahT
Congrats to PajWoj and Gilmat for coming 1st and 2nd in the 15k Bracket!

Hope you both enjoy your supporter!
banananami
AB
Topic Starter
Nyuumie
The final match of the osu!Paradigm tournament happened today, and here's the wrap-up tournament post with the winners!

PajWoj prevailed versus gilmat and grabbed first place in the <15k bracket.

HazeTrance prevailed versus Qntm and grabbed first place in the 15k-49k bracket.

Mitalun (DarknessRider22) prevailed versus Nyazuru and grabbed first place in the 50k-100k bracket.

The winner of each bracket gets 4 months of supporter and the runner-up gets 1 month of supporter as promised!

Challonge Bracket for <15k
http://challonge.com/paradigm_shiftto15k
Challonge Bracket for 15k-49k
http://challonge.com/paradigm_shift1549k
Challonge bracket for 50k-100k
http://challonge.com/paradigm_shift50k_100k

Thank yous~
Besides SpookyMango (who generously and kindly handed the tournament management over mid-way to me and Tetsuo) and the rest of the original staff, I want to also thank the following folks for making contributions and helping with various aspects of organizing when we were caught in cramped schedule...

1. - Xyhalion (Map pools contributions)
  2. Saiko (Map pools contributions)
  3. - Isozaki - (guest reffing)
  4. anime_is_realistic (guest reffing)
  5. Sammy (streaming)
Tetsuo IMO deserves so much more credit than you'd think as well for literally staying up late and selflessly helping out so much with organization, wouldn't have gone the way it did without him~

This tournament's duration did take a bit longer than we originally expected, but I'm sure that was in part due to the overwhelming response in the form of the signs up we got. Thank you!

On a final note, I'd say there were plenty of lessons learned with organizing a tournament on this scale (the 15k-49k bracket had so many players to begin with than we imagined!) and we've identified a bunch of areas we could improve in whenever the next edition happens, which hopefully isn't too far away in the future so stay tuned! ;)
AlijahT
Congrats to all winners, hope you had fun and all and I know my response to give out the prizes was a little late for the last two people HazeTrance and Qntm.. but I hope they like the supporter they got :D

Happy Circle clicking everyone