forum

[Popped] Hitomi Harada - eternal feather

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sonnyc
Url: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/297565

Pattern in disagreement is 00:28:076 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5).

Will the current design is fine enough to be, or should the pattern need a better distribution between different rhythms?

_________

The following is an opinion of mine:

This is a circle based pattern which is combined with 3/4, 1/2, 2/3 rhythms. Since the ar isn't low, and the new comboes are being in used, readability is assured inside this pattern imo. The point is, the spacing between these objects were pretty similar to create some major difference between different rhythms. It didn't seem to be working for me, since the placements weren't properly indicating the rhythms of the objects and was the reason why I've popped.

Something similar could be found in the kiai section, which was 01:40:965 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3). This time, the rhythms were only consisting of 2/3 gaps. Since the spacings were equal each, I believe it was okay enough to say the placements were indicating the rhythms properly. The reason why I've mentioned this pattern was about consistency. While the rhythms are different with the controversial pattern of 00:28:076 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5), the spacing logic itself is designed pretty similarly. Since the song was showing a diffferent rhythm, using a same visual didn't made much sense for me.