forum

[Archived] Osu! FPS Problem #2

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
OW_Senpai
About 3 months ago I had a problem where I had 60 FPS when my frame limiter was at 120. I fixed it by turning compatibility mode on. But now my frames are fluctuating between 60 and 120, and my MS is fluctuating as well when I have my ethernet cable plugged in. I recently changed some global setting in my NVIDIA Control Panel because there were some settings affecting other games, but I don't remember which changes they were and now I am stuck with inconsistent FPS and MS when it should be consistent. I shouldn't even be on compatibility mode either! I don't have a Low-End PC, but somehow compatibility mode helps with the problem. V-Sync is off, frame limiter is on 120, ethernet cable is always plugged in, game is set to full-screen, and I just cleaned my computer today. (8/26/2016) Also if you can find a way so I don't have to run compatibility mode, that would be great.

My PC Specs:

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770k CPU @ 3.50GHz
RAM: 16.0 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

Like last time, if you need anything else, please ask. School is starting soon for me though so sorry in advance if I don't respond quickly but I always try my best. ;)

osu! version: 20160821.1 (latest)
Topic Starter
OW_Senpai
I think I may have fixed it, I don't know 100% because I fixed it at one point but it came the problem came back. But what I did was I turned V-Sync ON, Triple Buffering OFF, Preferred Refresh Rate Highest Availableand Power Management Mode Prefer Maximum Performance Mode. For in-game settings, Compatibility Mode ON,Frame Limiter 120, and Reduce Frames OFF.

I hope this fixes it indefinitely but if it doesn't I will let you know. I still want to know why I have to be in compatibility mode though, so if you know why please tell me because I feel like I shouldn't.

EDIT: Yet again another problem as appeared... Now every time I quit it turns into a black screen, and I can't even alt-tab. I had this problem in League of Legends and the way I fixed it was to turn off Game DVR in the Xbox Settings, but Game DVR is already off so I don't know what else it could be.
Veross
Do this :
Go into the osu!.PCNAME.cfg file with notepad
Go to the renderer line
Type in openGL OR d3d

Screenshots :
Where the file is
what you need to write in the renderer line

While you're at it , make sure global OFFSET is set at 0

Hope this will help !
:D :D
Topic Starter
OW_Senpai

[ Sneaky ] wrote:

Do this :
Go into the osu!.PCNAME.cfg file with notepad
Go to the renderer line
Type in openGL OR d3d

Screenshots :
Where the file is
what you need to write in the renderer line

While you're at it , make sure global OFFSET is set at 0

Hope this will help !
:D :D
Renderer is already on opengl and OFFSET is 0 :cry:
Veross
Then try setting opengl to directx , I know a lot of people lag BECAUSE of opengl 乁( ̄ ͟ʖ ̄)ㄏ
Topic Starter
OW_Senpai

[ Sneaky ] wrote:

Then try setting opengl to directx , I know a lot of people lag BECAUSE of opengl 乁( ̄ ͟ʖ ̄)ㄏ
Didn't work either :( Still a black screen
Veross
try changing the framesync lines to 0,1,2 and the resolution to see if they make a difference as well.
If none of that works you can check to see if your graphics card is fully updated.

You could also try disabling letterboxing

If it still doesn't work, try HOLDING shift while launching osu --> check the compabitility mode box --> click start osu!
Topic Starter
OW_Senpai

[ Sneaky ] wrote:

try changing the framesync lines to 0,1,2 and the resolution to see if they make a difference as well.
If none of that works you can check to see if your graphics card is fully updated.

If it still doesn't work, try HOLDING shift while launching osu --> check the compabitility mode box --> click start osu!
Where are the framesync lines? Is it "FrameSync = Limit120"
Veross

[ Crunchyroll ] wrote:

No write Unlimited
Topic Starter
OW_Senpai

[ Sneaky ] wrote:

No write Unlimited
I set FrameSync to Unlimited, I just updated my graphics card almost 1 week ago, I even checked to make sure there isn't any updates, which there isn't any, I disabled letterboxing, and compatibility mode is already checked. None of it worked :(
Veross
Try Holding Shift while lauching osu! and choose the Stable (fallback version) --> click repair osu!
then launch the game again
Topic Starter
OW_Senpai

[ Sneaky ] wrote:

Try Holding Shift while lauching osu! and choose the Stable (fallback version) --> click repair osu!
then launch the game again
I think it worked :D I tested it out 5 times and no black screen! I will message you back if it comes back but if not thank you so much.
Veross

[ Crunchyroll ] wrote:

I think it worked :D I tested it out 5 times and no black screen! I will message you back if it comes back but if not thank you so much.
Happy It worked !