forum

Storylines! One tap at a time!

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
CrazyMLC
If you've played any of the original games, you'd know that you have to play the songs in order, from first to last, with increasing difficulty.

What if someone wanted to make something like that in osu!?

I'd like to be able to lock songs, and have them unlock when a certain song is completed for the first time.
Cutscenes, like in EBA or the Ouendan series, would also be a very useful for someone wanting to make songs in a storyline.

(I tried searching the forum- I even asked on IRC, and I found nothing indicating that this request had been filed before.)
Neo Adonis
I would be interesting, but it's better to get at once all the songs you wanna play. And I don't think many mappers will make use of this functions.
anonymous_old

Neo Adonis wrote:

And I don't think many mappers will make use of this functions.
There's no need for mapper intervention.

Special map packs (like the beginner packs out there) perform a similar task. They aren't well publicized, though, and I guess allow for 'too much' flexibility in choosing maps.

And it's osu!, not Osu!.
mm201
This is planned.

The packs will be decided by the mappers/BAT, however.
Topic Starter
CrazyMLC
I would use the feature for my (as of yet unreleased) songs!
(Of course one person isn't enough to justify a feature...)

I like capitalizing. :)
I'll try to remember in the future, though.

Good to know!
And of course the packs would be put together by the mappers, no other way really makes sense.
anonymous_old

CrazyMLC wrote:

Good to know!
And of course the packs would be put together by the mappers, no other way really makes sense.
I don't see the problem in an independent party collaborating with various mappers or other players (or by his- or her-self) to create such a storyline map set.

Also, I (kinda) know what MM has up his sleeve. Right, MM? ;P