forum

[Archived] BSS: Error during upload

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Gekido
When I try to upload my beatmap I get this -> http://puu.sh/lCL5r/11161f7718.png

Updating my other map works perfectly fine but for some reason I can't seem to upload this one although the BSS created a thread -> p/4697345#p4697345

This is isn't the latest version of my map though... so basicly it uploaded the map despite showing me an error. But now it doesn't let me update it (I only changed a few notes and the offset of one diff, the name of the mp3 and the audiofile name in the .osu file).

osu! version: 20151127.2
RvNovae
Seems to be happening to quite a lot of people at the moment.
And the error dialog never gives any valuable information in all of these cases.
Topic Starter
Gekido
Ah, so I pretty much just have to wait.
Trosk-
Could you provide your network.log archive? You will find it in the osu!\Logs folder. After doing that, you could change your release stream to Stable (fallback) and see if you can upload it from there. If you also can't upload it from the Stable (Fallback) release stream, then it's probably a temporary problem.
Topic Starter
Gekido

Trosk- wrote:

Could you provide your network.log archive? You will find it in the osu!\Logs folder. After doing that, you could change your release stream to Stable (fallback) and see if you can upload it from there. If you also can't upload it from the Stable (Fallback) release stream, then it's probably a temporary problem.
I changed to Fallback and now it says "Latest Pending Version" instead of "Update to latest version" (on the map screen, I mean) and all the changes I last made are gone for some reason. I still get the error though: http://puu.sh/lCSYF/ca587fcc64.png

And there is no network.log file in my logs folder: http://puu.sh/lCSHA/f31981e7b0.jpg
Trosk-
If you also can't upload it from Stable (Fallback) then I guess it's a temporary problem. Try again later or tomorrow.

Edit: Could you try again now?
Topic Starter
Gekido

Trosk- wrote:

Edit: Could you try again now?
Still getting an error.
Topic Starter
Gekido
So, I can update my other map without any issues. But the Loud Chimera map is still giving me an error for no apparent reason. I doubt it's a temporary problem at this point.

And yes, I tried uploading it with Stable (Latest) and Stable (Fallback).
VeilStar
Assuming that the issue is that the file size is way too large, you could try deleting the beatmap file in the osu!\Data\SubmissionCache folder and try uploading it again and see how that goes.
Doyak
I'm pretty pretty sure it's happening a lot of times to most people (if not all). I don't know why, but everyday around this time the bss barely works (it "sometimes" works, but very low chance). Maybe too much traffic?

Also some people say that it's better on fallback than the latest version, but I don't find the difference honestly. It's just working really badly on both these days.
Topic Starter
Gekido

VeilStar wrote:

Assuming that the issue is that the file size is way too large, you could try deleting the beatmap file in the osu!\Data\SubmissionCache folder and try uploading it again and see how that goes.
Tried that but it's giving me the same error. (Only tried it on the Latest build though, should I try Fallback too?)

Doyak wrote:

I'm pretty pretty sure it's happening a lot of times to most people (if not all). I don't know why, but everyday around this time the bss barely works (it "sometimes" works, but very low chance). Maybe too much traffic?
I tried updating it so often at different times that I don't think it's the traffic to be honest.

Maybe if I keep trying it will magically work some day.
Doyak
It just magically worked for me about 30 minutes ago lol it's confusing.
Topic Starter
Gekido

Doyak wrote:

It just magically worked for me about 30 minutes ago lol it's confusing.
Still not working for me though :c
VeilStar
Can you switch to the cuttingedge release stream and try to submit your map again, and upload the network.log file found in the Logs folder inside the osu! installation folder somewhere and post it here?
Topic Starter
Gekido

VeilStar wrote:

Can you switch to the cuttingedge release stream and try to submit your map again, and upload the network.log file found in the Logs folder inside the osu! installation folder somewhere and post it here?
http://puu.sh/lGEip/33cbea1f7a.log there you go.
Del05
I have same problem too :cry:

and it happen with all of my maps
VeilStar

Gekido-kun wrote:

http://puu.sh/lGEip/33cbea1f7a.log there you go.
Thanks.
I don't think there's anything you can really do about this aside from waiting and trying again periodically, unfortunately. :/

If anything, here's peppy's post from a different thread about the same issue.

peppy wrote:

When this happens, it's generally a server-side issue (routing to AWS). I'm working on improving this, but until then the best option is to wait 6-12 hours and try again.
Topic Starter
Gekido
Meh, I guess I will just put a temporary alternate download link in the map thread then.

Hope this gets fixed soon :c