forum

[resolved] The options keep being default every time I open osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kennekim
So I just install osu! today and made a few changes in the option tab. However, when I open osu! for the second time, the option tab is being default again. This happens every time I open osu! even though I have made changes in the option tab before. Is there any way to keep my changes in the option tab?

osu! version: 20150901 (latest)
Trosk-
That sounds like the settings are not being saved on your osu!<username>.cfg archive.

Close osu!, go to your installation folder, search the "osu!<username>.cfg" archive, right click it, open the properties and make sure that "Read only" is disabled/unchecked.

If it's not, close osu!, delete the "osu!<username>.cfg" archive and start osu! again. This will create a new .cfg archive. After that, try to change some settings, close osu! correctly, and open osu! again.
Topic Starter
kennekim

Trosk- wrote:

That sounds like the settings are not being saved on your osu!<username>.cfg archive.

Close osu!, go to your installation folder, search the "osu!<username>.cfg" archive, right click it, open the properties and make sure that "Read only" is disabled/unchecked.

If it's not, close osu!, delete the "osu!<username>.cfg" archive and start osu! again. This will create a new .cfg archive. After that, try to change some settings, close osu! correctly, and open osu! again.
It's working. Thank you very much!
peppy
Can you explain how it became read-only in the first place? Kind of curious.