forum

[Archived] I cant open my option

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SyncMaster123
Problem Details:
I cant open my option i tried a billion times and it still wont open.
Can somebody tell me why?

My computer is Xp version.
NET.Framework is not supported.
but i still can play,just cant open the options.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150826.3 (latest)
Trosk-
That's weird... Was it working properly before and they suddenly stopped working or they didn't work from the beginning?

Also, what do you mean with "NET.Framework" is not supported? If you have Windows XP SP3 you should be able to install NET Framework 4.
Topic Starter
SyncMaster123
When i First Installed Osu! i cant open option.
I cant download NET.FRAMEWORK 4.0 because they say XP is not supported i dont know why.
I reinstalled osu! and the problem is still there.
I think my compter have corrupted an osu data file maybe.
Topic Starter
SyncMaster123
Im using Net Framework 2.0.I will try the oldest version of Net Framework 4 version. Since its the only thing that support my PC
Pannari
Topic Starter
SyncMaster123
thanks i got NET.Framework 4 but i still cant open my option.All i want to do is change the default skin.
Trosk-

SyncMaster123 wrote:

thanks i got NET.Framework 4 but i still cant open my option.All i want to do is change the default skin.
We are looking for a solution for your problem. You could do this as a temporary trick if you want to change the skin:

Go to your osu! installation folder, open the osu!<username>.cfg archive (with wordpad for example), search for the line "Skin" and type the folder name of the skin that you want to use. If you have the default skin set, it should look like this:

Skin = Default

Replace the word "Default" with the folder name of the skin that you want to use.
Topic Starter
SyncMaster123
wait how i find the installation folder? and how to do it to find it? how the osu installation folder name and how it looked like?
And i used the search bar,I only have the osu! game no installation file.DID I NEED TO REINSTALL OSU?
Trosk-

SyncMaster123 wrote:

wait how i find the installation folder? and how to do it to find it? how the osu installation folder name and how it looked like?
And i used the search bar,I only have the osu! game no installation file.DID I NEED TO REINSTALL OSU?
If you are not finding your osu! installation, you can find it by right clicking the shortcut that you are using to open osu!, click on Properties and then search for the target on the Shortcut tab.
Topic Starter
SyncMaster123
wait? how to open the CFG file with wordpad? i use wordpad archive this and it wont let me.I use OPen with wordpad.but the button isnt triggered.
Can u tell me how to open the CFG file.i use WinRAR and i found the Skin=Default.but i cant edit becaz its Winrar not wordpad.forever reasons,i cant open the CFG file with Wordpad.
Trosk-
If you can't with wordpad, just open it with notepad. You should be able to open it, since it's a text archive. Right click on the osu!<username>.cfg archive, click on "Open with..." and select notepad.
Topic Starter
SyncMaster123
Thank you! :D my osu! now have a new skin.Althought my option is broken.At least i found a new way to add skins.Thanks :D
TheVileOne
I would hazard a guess that your .Net Framework isn't the only thing that is outdated on your computer. Make sure all your graphics card drivers are up to date, and that you aren't using stable openGl renderer, because it doesn't like to work correctly for some systems. Cutting edge build will work wonders but you'll have to switch via the configuration utility, which is accessed by holding shift on startup.
byFIXX
i have a problem here, i was playing like usual, and i wanted to see if i could play on normal resolution (i play in 800x600 so the game can run 60fps+) so i set the resolution to 1440x900 and i saw that it was unplayable, so when i tried to open the options, it didn't open, i tried logging in but nothing, you guys can help me?
Zelzatter Zero

byFIXX wrote:

i have a problem here, i was playing like usual, and i wanted to see if i could play on normal resolution (i play in 800x600 so the game can run 60fps+) so i set the resolution to 1440x900 and i saw that it was unplayable, so when i tried to open the options, it didn't open, i tried logging in but nothing, you guys can help me?
Please make a new thread instead of bumping old ones.