forum

[Archived] osu! just will not open.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jon
Problem Details:
I recently got the new update. In the old one it would constantly say that my drivers are not updated. (which I checked that they were. manually, AND using the intel service) In this one, it did say it anymore. Since I used to be able to play using cutting edge a while back, I thought I could finally use it again since there was nothing saying my drivers were old. I updated to the cutting edge stream and then when I tried opening up osu! again it just displayed a huge error box and if I hit continue it would bring up the error screen and if I hit quit... it well.. quit.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150826.3 (latest)
Trosk-
What are the specs of your PC? Do you have NET Framework 4 installed? It's necesary to run Cutting Edge.

Are you being able to run osu! on the Stable release stream? Go to your "osu!.cfg" archive and change the line "_ReleaseStream" to: _ReleaseStream = Stable
Topic Starter
Jon
I don't know how to check if it's installed so I went to install it but it gave me this: http://prntscr.com/89ignd I guess I have NET Framework 4.

I changed what you said after that and my osu! works like a charm! Thanks dude!
Trosk-

zshadowjon wrote:

I don't know how to check if it's installed so I went to install it but it gave me this: http://prntscr.com/89ignd I guess I have NET Framework 4.

I changed what you said after that and my osu! works like a charm! Thanks dude!
Then I guess your GPU has problems with OpenGL. If you want you can change to CuttingEdge again, and if it crashes, go to your "osu!<username>.cfg" and change the line "CompatibilityContext" to CompatibilityContext = 1. Save the archive and try to open osu! again. Let's see if you can run Cutting Edge that way.
Topic Starter
Jon
It doesn't work): I guess I'll go back using the thing you told me before.

Anyways, in about a month I'll be getting rid of this old junk. Thanks for the help.
TheVileOne
Did it manage to create a gl_info.txt? If so, please provide it here.