forum

[Archived] Random graphical glitches after computer "sleeps"

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
George
I have been running into these glitches for a while now when I keep osu! open while I am away from my computer, this picture is a good example of the problems I run into sometimes when I leave osu! open and my computer goes into sleep mode. If I end up finding more of these problems I will update the thread (unless it dies and becomes old) with the images

specs
8GB DDR3-1333 (ram)
AMD Radeon HD 7750 1GB (gpu)
AMD FX-4100 (processor)
Windowsz 10 (OS)
osu! version: 20150826.3
Trosk-
Are you, by any chance, using OpenGL renderer on the Stable release stream? If so, I recommend you to change to DirectX. OpenGL has so many problems, including graphical problems like the one that you have now, that's why its use is not recommended.
Andrea
Have you tried updating your video drivers? That could be also be a good thing to do, even though I don't know if it could fix this issue.

Anyway does this kind of glitch happens only when your computer does that? Or in some other situations as well? Let us know.
Topic Starter
George

If you check the specs you can see this bug is in the stable version of osu, as well my graphic drivers are up to date.
Topic Starter
George
Another picture, in the editor this time.

inb4 "quit using the default skin"

Note: Also a fix I found is to open an overlay (example: Fraps) and try to record and it fixes the line through the images
Trosk-
Try to change to Cutting Edge release stream and see if you still have problems.
VeilStar
Looks like it's failing to render certain things properly after waking up again.
(Slider texture is lost and defaults to pink, osu! cookie aswell as the sliderball seem to have edges rendered on the texture.)

When your computer goes into sleep mode, is osu! open (either in windowed mode, fullscreen, or minimized)?
I'd be curious to know if this also happens if you minimize osu! to the tray, using the boss key (insert by default).

Not sure what else to say. Something is fucking up somewhere. It could be osu!, it could be your GPU, it could be its drivers.
Topic Starter
George

VeilStar wrote:

Looks like it's failing to render certain things properly after waking up again.
(Slider texture is lost and defaults to pink, osu! cookie aswell as the sliderball seem to have edges rendered on the texture.)

When your computer goes into sleep mode, is osu! open (either in windowed mode, fullscreen, or minimized)?
I'd be curious to know if this also happens if you minimize osu! to the tray, using the boss key (insert by default).

Not sure what else to say. Something is fucking up somewhere. It could be osu!, it could be your GPU, it could be its drivers.
When I put my computer into sleep its normally either minimized or another window is convering it.
It doesn't happen unless my computer sleeps as well as all my drivers are up to date (since most of my build is old stuff, check the specs box)
TheVileOne
The difference between stable and cutting edge is huge. You probably wont have these lines in cutting edge.
Topic Starter
George
I found a probable cause for this, it mainly happens when I leave osu minimized for long periods of time (around 10 hours, normally I idle during school)
Topic Starter
George

TheVileOne wrote:

The difference between stable and cutting edge is huge. You probably wont have these lines in cutting edge.
will cutting edge also fix losing the grid in the editor and losing the slider texture?
Trosk-

George wrote:

will cutting edge also fix losing the grid in the editor and losing the slider texture?
It probably will since the renderer used on Cutting Edge is more advanced/optimized. Give it a try if you can.