forum

[Archived] Boss Key problem

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Arusamour
Problem Details:
So... Whenever i'm AFK or i'm gone somewhere, i Boss Key my osu! to keep it down at the bottom right corner so no one plays on my account or something while i'm gone. It usually allowed you to Boss Key when your Online Users panel (F9)/Chat (F8) was on; but now, you can't Boss Key when you're on it.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: I can't really show screenshot because i've already explained the problem ^

osu! version: 20150730cuttingedge
Trosk-
It's working for me, even on user list and with chat opened. Can you use it outside them? Are you sure that you didn't rebind it?

And well, if you are gone and you don't want anyone to play on your account, the best thing you can do is to close osu! and not have the remember password option enabled.
VeilStar
I'll just assume you're having the same issue as I had over a month ago...

Basically what happened to me was that I sometimes couldn't use the boss key on any screens that had a text input field.
That includes the song selection, options menu, chat, etc.

It turned out this was caused by virtually switching keyboard layouts (with alt+shift) from azerty to qwerty on my end.
In my case I likely accidentally switched layouts when using the skin refresh shortcut (which is shift+ctrl++alt+s).

Could you see if this is the issue? If it is all I can suggest for now is to make sure you don't press alt+shift.