forum

[Archived] Problem in Perfomance in last update

posted
Total Posts
show more
Trosk-

VeilStar wrote:

No offence but I have no idea what you just said.

Do you mean your PC shuts down/crashes/reboots when it's been running some intensive games for a little while?
I guess he is saying that. At least that's what I understood.

iHatePeople wrote:

My PC restart when get a overflow of perfomance (The real motive i don't know).
Topic Starter
iHatePeople
Sorry guys, my english is terrible, i fixed the problem using the cutting edge version.

No offence but I have no idea what you just said.

Do you mean your PC shuts down/crashes/reboots when it's been running some intensive games for a little while?
Yes.
VeilStar
Sounds like overheating to me. Clean the dust out of your PC's fans and heatsinks. (CPU & GPU area more specifically.)
Topic Starter
iHatePeople
Ok, the Cutting Edge is worse.

Cutting-Edge in Unlimited FPS (In game) (1600~2300 FPS) shutdown my PC in 5 seconds in game, but 240 FPS works fine.

I will try the stable version.

About the problem, my PC not have problems with Temp or Cooling, the problem is the Power Supply, Probably a capacitor.
Trosk-
Yes.. I can't think about any other issue than overheating or unstable CPU or GPU clocks... Check the temperatures with an app like this one and tell us your PC temperatures while playing/running at high performance.

Edit:

iHatePeople wrote:

About the problem, my PC not have problems with Temp or Cooling, the problem is the Power Supply, Probably a capacitor.
Well, if you have problems with your PSU, I don't know if we can help much more. Try to don't carry your PC to high loads until you can fix your PSU problem. 240fps should be fine to play.
Tom94
Well, 240 FPS should be enough to properly play the game, though. ;)
Topic Starter
iHatePeople
Exist a way to edit the limit FPS? To 500 FPS for example?
VeilStar

iHatePeople wrote:

Open the osu!.<username>.cfg file found in the installation directory with any text editor (such as wordpad) and change the CustomFrameLimit = <value> line to the framerate you want it to be capped at. This will replace the 240fps limit by whatever limit you set in the cfg file.
Trosk-

iHatePeople wrote:

I don't think so.

VeilStar wrote:

iHatePeople wrote:

Open the osu!.<username>.cfg file found in the installation directory with any text editor (such as wordpad) and change the CustomFrameLimit = <value> line to the framerate you want it to be capped at. This will replace the 240fps limit by whatever limit you set in the cfg file.
Really? Then I typed something wrong.

Edit: Not working for me, are you sure it is correct?

NVM, I'm retarded. Facepalm.
Topic Starter
iHatePeople
Stable version unlimited FPS is fine, about the temp:

Osu normal not playing in 120 FPS

Osu Unlimited FPS (1500~2500)

For now the stable version in unlimited don't shutdown my PC, i will continue playing to test.
But the unlimited FPS in cutting edge is extreme ridiculous, shutdown in 5 seconds its like GTA V or Assasin's Creed Unity running and it's Osu for god sake.
Flanster
Your fans' RPM look pretty low to me. Temps are a bit high but they differ per rig.
VeilStar
52°C under load? I guess you live on the north pole or something.

Anyhow, I'm not sure what to say, really. If it's not overheating nor a power delivery issue then I guess it's software based.
Grab the crash log in the event viewer and post it here, as it might contain some useful information.
Tom94
iHatePeople, the test versions (cuttingedge and beta) are heavily optimized compared to stable. Especially at unlimited FPS they put a way higher strain on your graphics card which explains that those are also more likely to crash. Could you try setting your custom framelimiter to 1000 fps as VeilStar described in his post above and see if that works on cuttingedge? I'd also be curious which is the maximum FPS it can hold without crashing.
Trosk-

LoliFlan wrote:

Your fans' RPM look pretty low to me. Temps are a bit high but they differ per rig.
I think they are nice actually.

Well, the temperatures seems fine. I guess it's up to the PSU issue you mentioned before. (I'm not gonna say anything but... are you sure your GPU is not defective? I had this type of problem 2 years ago with an AMD 7870.)

And do what Tom just said please, it would be interesting.
Topic Starter
iHatePeople

Tom94 wrote:

iHatePeople, the test versions (cuttingedge and beta) are heavily optimized compared to stable. Especially at unlimited FPS they put a way higher strain on your graphics card which explains that those are also more likely to crash. Could you try setting your custom framelimiter to 1000 fps as VeilStar described in his post above and see if that works on cuttingedge? I'd also be curious which is the maximum FPS it can hold without crashing.
Ok, i will test it, the stable version is work fine, no crashs \o/
Trosk-

iHatePeople wrote:

Ok, i will test it, the stable version is work fine, no crashs \o/
The fact of your PC crashing on Cutting Edge and not on Stable is wierd...
And well, if you are gonna use Stable release stream, make sure to use DirectX renderer, not OpenGL.
Topic Starter
iHatePeople
Ok, it's crash in song select after i change the Fps(120 to 1000) ~10 sec.
And i use only DirectX renderer.
Trosk-

iHatePeople wrote:

Then, try set it at 500. I think we can confirm that your PC crashes when it's under high load.
Topic Starter
iHatePeople

Trosk- wrote:

iHatePeople wrote:

Then, try set it at 500. I think we can confirm that your PC crashes when it's under high load.
Hmmmm 500 FPS works fine.
Trosk-

iHatePeople wrote:

Hmmmm 500 FPS works fine.
Now try to raise the limit a bit if you want, and see if it works fine. But if you wan't to play, 500 fps should be more than enough.
Topic Starter
iHatePeople
But another problem appeared and I'm trying to fix, since i change CE to Stable occurs a lag every 10 seconds, chdsk is requesting a verification and maybe this fix the problem and osu back to normal

________

OK all fixed. Stable Version is God, Cutting Edge is Overpower e=e. Stable unlimited is better.
Ty peoples.
TheVileOne
Cutting edge unlimited will consume more resources because it is running more efficiently. If your computer can't handle it, then don't run using unlimited.