forum

[Archived] Collections are removed - collections.db zeroed

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mastaa_p
About a week ago, I got a "database is corrupt, rebuilding from scratch" error. No biggie, rebuilt my massive database after a couple of mins, everything was fine. At this point, my collections were all intact. Then yesterday I started up osu!, nothing unusual, except that all my collections were gone! I had about a dozen collections, maybe 1500 songs between them, so it is quite annoying.

I checked the main osu! install location, no .bak files for the collections.db (although I have one for the corrupted osu!.db). But I saw something strange, my collections.db was still 33KB. I thought maybe it was corrupt and the data was still there, but nope. Tried opening it in SQL viewers, nada. And today I decided to pop it into a hex editor which is when I discovered that the entire file was FILLED WITH ZEROES. I could provide the file if you think it can somehow be rebuilt without any data, but here it is in a hex editor...

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
abraker
Uhh- ummm, wow. I don't think that's recoverable. I'm am curious on how to approach on reproducing this. I don't see a safe way of doing this :/
Bauxe
I've had this happen to me a few times, no idea what caused it though.
VeilStar
Strange... So your collection gets overwritten to an empty collection, randomly?
If you have a way to replicate it please do post.
Topic Starter
mastaa_p
I'm suspecting it might have something to do with my beatmap updating in collections. I pretty regularly will mod a map I like by just changing cs and od, maybe a minor part or two, and save it as a new diff in the set. Whenever I do this, if the map was already in a collection, the new diff I just made will be there instead. I'm guessing that this replacement might have something to do with it.

So before:
And after: