forum

[Archived] Out of Tablet Range

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cloudklaut
So, today I started playing with a tablet, it's working out quite good for now (I've been playing for a few hours) i'm not as good as with my mouse but it all comes with practice. BUT... I keep going out of the tablets range, what I mean by that is, when I play I move my pen vertically, so after a while I'm out of the tablets vertical range so my cursor just freezes and I lose my combo, so it's basically impossible for me to FC any song, or even hold a combo longer than 20-30 seconds.
Has anybody else encountered this problem? Anyway, I hope anybody got a solution for my problem. (This is my first forum post)
VeilStar
Funky stuff can happen if you go out of the tablet's mapping area, yeah.

What tablet are you using?
If you use the "map absolute raw input" setting in the osu! options menu, turn it off.
Other than that... just use an area at least the size of your osu! screen so that this doesn't happen?
Topic Starter
Cloudklaut

VeilStar wrote:

Funky stuff can happen if you go out of the tablet's mapping area, yeah.

What tablet are you using?
If you use the "map absolute raw input" setting in the osu! options menu, turn it off.
Other than that... just use an area at least the size of your osu! screen so that this doesn't happen?
I'm using a wacom Intuos CTL-480 small pen tablet.

Sorry I think I understood the last sentence wrong...

How exactly does that help me if I lift my Pen too high?

(sorry for being stupid. :c)
Bara-
You just need to learn to follow it
It can be hard at first, but after some time you'll understand it
It's recommended to play some lower difficulty songs so you can get used to it (using a tablet), then slpwly go back to the maps you played before
VeilStar
Well I guess I misunderstood the issue. Don't mind what I said previously.

I had this issue at first too, I unconciously started hovering higher and higher above the surface as I played, eventually getting out of range. It takes some practice. There's nothing else to do about it. Don't hover that high above the surface. Dragging or tapping the surface when you hit notes (with mouse buttons disabled and actually tapping with your keyboard) may help you with this.
Topic Starter
Cloudklaut

VeilStar wrote:

Well I guess I misunderstood the issue. Don't mind what I said previously.

I had this issue at first too, I unconciously started hovering higher and higher above the surface as I played, eventually getting out of range. It takes some practice. There's nothing else to do about it.Don't hover that high above the surface. Dragging or tapping the surface when you hit notes (with mouse buttons disabled and actually tapping with your keyboard may help you with this.

Oh, okay, I guess I'll just have to practice more^^
I was getting worried. :P