forum

[Archived] My files disappeared!!!!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tjsalazar
Problem Details:
I download osu and then I played it but something seemed wrong the screen was pure white and i tried to uninstall it but instead of uninstalling the program it uninstalled and deleted all my files so i'm trying to recover all my files i need heeellppp

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150401.2 (latest)
Bara-
This is normal
If you uninstall the game, all of your files (skins, maps, replays, chatlogs etc) will go away too
Wingman626

baraatje123 wrote:

This is normal
If you uninstall the game, all of your files (skins, maps, replays, chatlogs etc) will go away too
yep uninstalling deletes everything. if you don't want your songs to be deleted, copy the folder first.
RvNovae
Unless you really have to I would never uninstall/reinstall osu anyways, just for the future
Topic Starter
Tjsalazar

baraatje123 wrote:

This is normal
its not just the osu files all my files including pictures games and others were deleted
abraker

baraatje123 wrote:

This is normal
Topic Starter
Tjsalazar

abraker wrote:

baraatje123 wrote:

This is normal
oh my god i don't mean the files of osu i mean all my files including my other games besides osu and my files besids anything that is related to osu =_=
abraker

Tjsalazar wrote:

something seemed wrong the screen was pure white and i tried to uninstall
Looks like corruption to me. How old is your computer and how big is your hardrive (you should know this without looking it up) and what does it read in file explorer? If Your hardrive is 750GB, for instance, and reads 423GB, then your hardrive might be dying.
Flanster
What? Last time I checked, uninstalling the game leaves user content such as skins, maps, replays etc.
Karuta-_old_1

LoliFlan wrote:

What? Last time I checked, uninstalling the game leaves user content such as skins, maps, replays etc.
I am not sure but it must've been updated around the 2nd half of 2014, so you need to take out your those folders you want to keep

Tjsalazar wrote:

oh my god i don't mean the files of osu i mean all my files including my other games besides osu and my files besids anything that is related to osu =_=
You didn't write that on the op
So you end up having uninstalled some files instead of osu! and wanted to recover your files, the chances are very slim but

1. Reduce your disk activity by doing as little thing as possible on the computer
2. Use a recovery software like Recuva
3. Use the extensions to make your search faster
4. Pray that it works
Bruck8
This happened to a friend of mine too.
I installed the game on his PC just so I could show it to him, 1-2 maps downloaded and he uninstalled it after that.
It deleted everything he had.

He is still trying to recover his files several months later so this problem is continuing.
It didn't help with the restoration from 1day before because the game was installed in the D disk and that only works with C disk.
Oh yea, it uninstalled everything on his D disk, C disk wasn't I think.

His PC isn't old btw.