forum

[Archived] Issue Downloading Songs or Listening to Previews

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FanOfTheGame206
Problem Details:
I am experiencing an issue with the OSU website. The preview of songs (thumbnail photo) will replay over and over for the first one second of whichever song I preview first of a page and will not shut off until I refresh the page. Clicking on the thumbnail again will not pause the preview of the song like it usually does and clicking another song will not play that one. Also, any song I try to download is given the error page regardless whether I attempted to preview that song or not. My OSU game client currently works and still will upload the scores I receive onto the world leaderboard, I just can't download any new songs at the current time. I'm not sure what this all means but please get back to me about what I should try to do to fix this issue.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150305 (latest)
VeilStar

FanOfTheGame206 wrote:

I am experiencing an issue with the OSU website. The preview of songs (thumbnail photo) will replay over and over for the first one second of whichever song I preview first of a page and will not shut off until I refresh the page. Clicking on the thumbnail again will not pause the preview of the song like it usually does and clicking another song will not play that one.
What browser are you using?

FanOfTheGame206 wrote:

Also, any song I try to download is given the error page regardless whether I attempted to preview that song or not.
Mind showing a screenshot of this error page?

FanOfTheGame206 wrote:

I'm not sure what this all means but please get back to me about what I should try to do to fix this issue.
Well, for now at least, try the following things if you haven't already;
  • -Try a different browser, or multiple different browsers, and see what happens on which, if it's not the same story for all of them.
    -Disable your Windows firewall and/or any other firewall(s) you may have to make sure it's not being blocked.
    -If you're running a plugin such as adblock, disable it for osu.ppy.sh, this website has no ads anyway,
    and adblock can block more than just ads.
    -Try it on a different connection, to see if it might be either a local network issue or a routing issue.
    -Try it on a different PC (on the same connection) to see if it's a local pc issue.
Topic Starter
FanOfTheGame206
VeilStar,
The issue of downloading appears to have been solved without any sort of vast tweaks. A simple restart/cycling of the router seems to have fixed the issue. However the songs still have the repeating/glitching error every second on the preview of them. I tried to listen to the preview songs on my Microsoft surface pro 3 and the same issue occurs. I have only been using internet explorer (not sure if it is the most updated version or just the one step below) but am guessing this might be the root of the problem. Thank you for you time and consideration,
FanOfTheGame206
VeilStar

FanOfTheGame206 wrote:

VeilStar,
The issue of downloading appears to have been solved without any sort of vast tweaks. A simple restart/cycling of the router seems to have fixed the issue.
Glad the downloading issue got fixed.

FanOfTheGame206 wrote:

However the songs still have the repeating/glitching error every second on the preview of them. I tried to listen to the preview songs on my Microsoft surface pro 3 and the same issue occurs. I have only been using internet explorer (not sure if it is the most updated version or just the one step below) but am guessing this might be the root of the problem.
I'm honestly not sure about the preview glitching/repeating issue.
It sounds like a browser issue to me, but I cannot replicate it on either Chrome, Firefox, IE, so I'm not really sure.
If possible, try it on a different browser and see if the same thing occurs.
Either how, I don't think there's much we can do about that.

FanOfTheGame206 wrote:

Thank you for you time and consideration,
FanOfTheGame206
No worries.

Would you mind if I marked this thread as Resolved, or would you like to go into the preview issue a bit further?