forum

[invalid] Score saving of maps due to disqualification

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
MrPotato
So as I see a lot of disqualifications due to the new system of the QATs I must ask for this feature to be implemented because of the frustration of a lot of players that enjoy playing the Qualified maps.
Basically as I was commenting on a mapset that got disqualified due to Taiko difficulty errors and due to that, all of the scores have been erased including the osu!standard scores ( p/3455606 ).

This disqualification system seems to feel wrong since there were no errors made on the standard difficulties and the scores there were deleted due to this system.
It is true that a player must accept his score might get deleted due to a disqualification of a mapset, BUT it isn't right to delete scores on the difficulties that didn't make the mapset get disqualified.
In my opinion having to delete the scores only from the difficulties that did make the mapset disqualified would make players accept their scores being deleted cause the map they were making a score on had an error, and not deleted due to another map in the mapset had and error and therefore their score on a different difficulty would get deleted.
Disqualification has been happening a lot more often due to the new QAT system and therefore this issue had turned bigger than it was before.

Because this issue is pretty big I wonder if someone already discussed about it before and what were the reasons to not implementing this feature.
Stefan

You should read the threads and their posts why beatmaps do get unqualified. Then you will understand why beatmaps get unqualified. And if you have so many problems to lose your score - this is an acceptable opinion - then please wait until they get ranked and avoid playing maps in the qualified section completely since ranked maps won't become unranked/unqualified and stays with all scores.
captin1
the point he's making though, is that if an issue is found in some difficulties of the mapset, the ones that aren't to be touched (in this case all of the standard difficulties) should not be wiped along with it.

so basically asking a return to what we've had in the past, which makes a hell of a lot more sense than what we have now.
koromo

Stefan wrote:

You should read the threads and their posts why beatmaps do get unqualified. Then you will understand why beatmaps get unqualified.
And you should get better reading comprehension. He's not complaining about maps getting unqualified at all, the point he's making is that it makes no sense to wipe all scores on a mapset just because one difficulty has some unrankable issue. Which leads to the example provided in the OP, where a map got unranked because of the taiko diff, but gets all standard scores wiped as well, even though none of the standard difficulties had any unrankable issues and will not undergo any changes.

captin1 wrote:

so basically asking a return to what we've had in the past, which makes a hell of a lot more sense than what we have now.
This.
Lust
There is always a risk you take when participating in something that is cutting edge - you just need to deal with it and move on. Don't want to have your scores wiped? Play ranked mapsets. You are suggesting something to calm the frustrations of these people; unfortunately they are the causes of their own frustration.

Obviously this is marked as invalid, and rightly so.
Ritzeh

Lust wrote:

There is always a risk you take when participating in something that is cutting edge - you just need to deal with it and move on. Don't want to have your scores wiped? Play ranked mapsets. You are suggesting something to calm the frustrations of these people; unfortunately they are the causes of their own frustration.

Obviously this is marked as invalid, and rightly so.
I believe that your answer is invalid because it does not answer his request.
peppy
Let me answer it for you then:

All difficulties are reset because at the moment we have no way of knowing whether they were changed or not. Once we get to the point of per-map difference checking, this may change. Until then accept it or go back to playing ranked category.
Ritzeh
Thank you peppy for clarification of the problem.
Toy

peppy wrote:

All difficulties are reset because at the moment we have no way of knowing whether they were changed or not. Once we get to the point of per-map difference checking, this may change. Until then accept it or go back to playing ranked category.
That was a lot more helpful and informative than people trying to tell OP to basically "deal with it". It was a valid question that could have been handled much better than the BATs did. His reasoning is sound and it doesn't seem like he's trying to vent. I'm glad at least captin1 was able to see that.
Topic Starter
MrPotato

peppy wrote:

yes this answer is much more understandable than the retards that kept throwing these 'dont play qualified maps if you dont want your scores erased' bullshit.
I hope you get to that per-map difference checking feature fast though, cause there are just too many people complaining and blaming other people about their scores wiped (I'm not one of them) and it gets annoying.

[Toy] wrote:

peppy wrote:

That was a lot more helpful and informative than people trying to tell OP to basically "deal with it". It was a valid question that could have been handled much better than the BATs did. His reasoning is sound and it doesn't seem like he's trying to vent. I'm glad at least captin1 was able to see that.
yes, I'm glad someone wasn't a retard and could actually understand what I was trying to say.
I hope we'll see this feature implemented one day in osu! again :(