forum

Simplicity (v1.2) - A simple skin :D

posted
Total Posts
show more
Pugsly6338
I'm a little late to the party so if you want to disregard my feedback I am okay with that. I like the look of it except for when stacks showed up, it kind of looked like a jumbled mess of numbers. I don't know if that's fixable or not. But if those could pop out more that would definitely be better. And The sliders didn't have anything in them like there's normally a ball that goes back and forth and it's probably a personal preference, but I prefer to have something there. I shall test out the new skin and update my feedback...
Bara-
Good skin, but can you please make Score number?
Also, the boxes are way to big, idk how to fix that
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1866790
Topic Starter
Azyne

Pugsly6338 wrote:

I'm a little late to the party so if you want to disregard my feedback I am okay with that. I like the look of it except for when stacks showed up, it kind of looked like a jumbled mess of numbers. I don't know if that's fixable or not. But if those could pop out more that would definitely be better. And The sliders didn't have anything in them like there's normally a ball that goes back and forth and it's probably a personal preference, but I prefer to have something there. I shall test out the new skin and update my feedback...

Feedback is always great! ^^

For the stacks i might think it's because of the transparency of the circles. If you really would want a non transparency version i could make you a personal one, just message me :)

For the slider thing, it is in fact a ball there. You might have turned off a setting or something :(

I have re-uploaded the skin with some changes as i might have uploaded an earlier version by accident so it might be because of that as well. :)
Topic Starter
Azyne

baraatje123 wrote:

Good skin, but can you please make Score number?
Also, the boxes are way to big, idk how to fix that
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1866790
Thanks! ^^

There is in fact custom score numbers, but when i uploaded 1.1 i might have made the mistake of uploading v 0.3, but it's now fixed ^^

As for the boxes i have no idea man, it's not like that on my screen. But again, might be because of v 0.3, so give the skin a re-download and i think it will be fixed ^^
nrl

Azyne wrote:

When i say simple, i mean in the form of its not overdone with a bunch of unnecessary stuff.

But i get what you are saying, maybe i should rename the skin ^^
At the very least I would say get rid of all the gradients and hit effects and replace the default lifebar. But I have high standards.
Topic Starter
Azyne

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Azyne wrote:

When i say simple, i mean in the form of its not overdone with a bunch of unnecessary stuff.

But i get what you are saying, maybe i should rename the skin ^^
At the very least I would say get rid of all the gradients and hit effects and replace the default lifebar. But I have high standards.
I have replaced the lifebar. ^^

As for the rest, i will not remove it sorry.
Pugsly6338

Azyne wrote:

Pugsly6338 wrote:

Feedback is always great! ^^

For the stacks i might think it's because of the transparency of the circles. If you really would want a non transparency version i could make you a personal one, just message me :)

For the slider thing, it is in fact a ball there. You might have turned off a setting or something :(

I have re-uploaded the skin with some changes as i might have uploaded an earlier version by accident so it might be because of that as well. :)
Ah okay thanks for that info :) If it's not a bother to you to make a non transparent one that would be pretty cool. I will check my settings to see if I messed with something after downloading the new one.
Xial
Waw thats great !
Topic Starter
Azyne
Ah okay thanks for that info :) If it's not a bother to you to make a non transparent one that would be pretty cool. I will check my settings to see if I messed with something after downloading the new one.
I'll make you one tomorrow ^^
Topic Starter
Azyne

Xial wrote:

Waw thats great !
Thanks! ^^
Pugsly6338

Azyne wrote:

I'll make you one tomorrow ^^
Oh wow thanks :) You're amazing!
Topic Starter
Azyne
Here you go! ^^ http://www.mediafire.com/download/d7o755etgu5051a/Simplicity-Pugsly63383.osk

Edit: Accidently added a extra number to your name, sry : (
Pugsly6338

Azyne wrote:

Here you go! ^^ http://www.mediafire.com/download/d7o755etgu5051a/Simplicity-Pugsly63383.osk

Edit: Accidently added a extra number to your name, sry : (
It is completely okay :)
quit-osu
i fell in love with that cursor
Astar
didn't like the particle effect because i'm more used to normal numbers so i replaced it but overall this skin is great, i will be using this, keep up the good work ^^
Topic Starter
Azyne

Astar wrote:

didn't like the particle effect because i'm more used to normal numbers so i replaced it but overall this skin is great, i will be using this, keep up the good work ^^
Thank you! Yeah im gonna rework the particle effects next update, i plan on either make small dots that are green and orange to indicate 100's and 50's or just add number, ill see what fits the best.

I am also gonna add new sounds and will rework some of the layout to look more smooth ^^

I will just add all of the old stuff in a folder on the skin so people can use the older stuff if they want ^^
sinkip
very nice skin! it's amazing and well-done. can't wait to see further of your work!
Topic Starter
Azyne

sinkip wrote:

very nice skin! it's amazing and well-done. can't wait to see further of your work!
Thank you ^^
NazzzF
Cant DL ? :/
Kanadechi
This is the best skin ever! really simple, prefect hitsounds, easy to read, light, pretty... It has everything! My new default, you made a great job
Topic Starter
Azyne

Kanadechi wrote:

This is the best skin ever! really simple, prefect hitsounds, easy to read, light, pretty... It has everything! My new default, you made a great job
Thank you! Nice to hear you like it :)

I have been pretty much afk this last month because school has been taking a lot of my time + i needed a break from osu as i played it a bit too much : p

Planning on releasing v1.2 this weekend as it is almost done, and it's going to feature a lot of new cool things and updated visuals ^^
Angelo

NazzzF wrote:

Yeah me too :o
Please change your host, because http://osuskins.info/ is really bad, instead post it on http://skins.ppy.sh/
comentarinformal

Angelo wrote:

NazzzF wrote:

Yeah me too :o
Please change your host, because http://osuskins.info/ is really bad, instead post it on http://skins.ppy.sh/
These things happen very unusually and I have no way to know about them if nobody ever tells me. I have a link for reporting issues down every page on the entire web, and I check each and every single issue that arises, but nobody except one or two guys uses it. Help me help you.

By the way, link fixed. In case you're still having problems, try with http://osuskins.info/download?s=217. Ugly, but works.
Angelo

comentarinformal wrote:

These things happen very unusually and I have no way to know about them if nobody ever tells me. I have a link for reporting issues down every page on the entire web, and I check each and every single issue that arises, but nobody except one or two guys uses it. Help me help you.

By the way, link fixed. In case you're still having problems, try with http://osuskins.info/download?s=217. Ugly, but works.
Thanks! :)
Topic Starter
Azyne
Okay, so the release didn't go as planned, as i had to other things than working on the skin :P

Atm, i am redoing the whole hit circle so it can be more visible, more simple and a lot less better to play with. Also adding some new skin sounds and other cool stuff. Will try to get it out as fast as i can. <3
deadbeat
oh man, this skin is a mess. wow. ok so first, get rid of all the non-osu!standard elements from the skin, unless you're now planning on skinning them as well. also make sure the HD elements are the same as the SD. also check to make sure the file sizes are the right dimension. because this looks really bad
Topic Starter
Azyne
Oh wow, that seems to be a problem with the dimension yeah. I'll get on to fix those right away. I have removed all the non standard elements, so when i upload the new version it will not be a problem. I didn't know about the dimension problem as i haven't really gotten that much of a complaint about it, so ill see what i can do. Also i don't understand what you mean with the HD and SD elements sorry :(

Thanks for the feedback!
deadbeat
at work so can't do much. i'll try remember to redownload and check the skin again and provide further visual examples. but that'll be like 7-8 hours from now at a guess
Topic Starter
Azyne

deadbeat wrote:

at work so can't do much. i'll try remember to redownload and check the skin again and provide further visual examples. but that'll be like 7-8 hours from now at a guess
Don't think it's needed. I realised now that every image wasn't optimized for lower dimensions, and it would take so many hours to change it, so i am just gonna write that this skin isn't optimized for lower dimensions. Barely have time to play some osu without even thinking of all the homework and tests i got <.<

I am planning on making a new skin soon, where i will be sure to not mess up the dimensions.

I am still going to update this skin though, but as it isn't a fully optimized skin i don't think it should even be considered to be added into the skin compendium, so ill just give you a pm when that one is complete.

You are free to still give good feedback as you already have, but if your monitor doesn't support bigger dimensions, i guess that will be hard : (
deadbeat
alright. i'll check the skin at my native resolution then(1920x1080) and check the skin as a purely HD skin. gimmie a heads up when it's ready for a check :)
Topic Starter
Azyne
V1.2 is finally out! Lots of new changes and other new fun stuff :D
PoroCommander
Can you link me to old version please
matthbo
I really like this skin!
I don't know if it's just me but sometimes my frames drop for a sec, after that everything is good again.
No further complains so good job :D
ToniesZ
good skin thank you very much :)
Foneza
This could replace my skin that has been used for like 1 year now. Might give it a go.
Topic Starter
Azyne
Thank you all for the nice feedback, changes are going to made soon as i have some stuff i want to fix and rework.

Framerate, hitcircle look, cursor and reverse arrow will all get new changes in the upcoming update. Please PM me with more stuff you'd like to see :D
Topic Starter
Azyne
I have released a new and much better skin, which means i will not be working on this skin anymore. You can find the new skin here: t/272191