forum

[Archived] osu crashing on win7 without aero in windowed mode

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tanzureir
Osu randomly crashes when run at windowed mode with dedicate gpu with aero disabled on windows 7. Mostly crashes occurs within five minutes after launching the game. The crashlog is always the same and is showed here:
System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Present(tagRECT* pSource, tagRECT* pDest, HWND__* hOverride)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Present()
at #tb.#Jb.#mu()
at #tb.#zb.#9s()
at #tb.#zb.#8s()
at #tb.#zb.#jt(Object , EventArgs )
at #tb.#Db.#Dt()
at #tb.#Tb.#Rv(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #tb.#Tb.Run()
at #tb.#zb.Run()
at #Lg.#mp.#Hyb(String , Boolean , Boolean )

My OS version is Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and graphic card is Nvidia GeForce GTX860M. I'm pretty sure I've got the latest gpu driver (344.11 updated at Sep. 18).

I searched the forum and found the same topic for multiple times, but none of them helped me out. Switching to OpenGL is not an option since it's performance is really low and I can't even play properly. Please help me!

osu! version: 20141015.1 (latest)
NeVMiku
What do you mean "without aero"?

Are you saying that it works in aero mode? Same question with "windowed mode".
KinkiN
looks like a GPU problem. you got your drivers updated too ....

if you're using an Intel processor, that should come with Intel HD right? try to change to Intel HD?
VeilStar
Make sure the following is up-to-date please:
- Microsoft .NET Framework
- Nvidia Geforce Drivers

Also if you have anything overlayed (like an FPS counter, or GPU statistics)
in-game by a 3rd party application try seeing if NOT running those makes a difference.

Can't say a whole lot more than this myself.
Topic Starter
Tanzureir

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

What do you mean "without aero"?

Are you saying that it works in aero mode? Same question with "windowed mode".
Yes. When aero is enabled, osu never crashes, but the performance is not as high as without aero.
Topic Starter
Tanzureir

Yuzuru wrote:

looks like a GPU problem. you got your drivers updated too ....

if you're using an Intel processor, that should come with Intel HD right? try to change to Intel HD?
Drivers are already the latest ones.
Switching to integrated card can partially solve the problem, but the performance is way poorer than using the Nvidia GPU.
Topic Starter
Tanzureir

VeilStar wrote:

Make sure the following is up-to-date please:
- Microsoft .NET Framework
- Nvidia Geforce Drivers

Also if you have anything overlayed (like an FPS counter, or GPU statistics)
in-game by a 3rd party application try seeing if NOT running those makes a difference.

Can't say a whole lot more than this myself.
Both are at the latest version. I've even tried to re-install the latest .NET framework but didn't work.
And also I'm not using any in-game overlaying display by another program. Just using the fps counter provided by osu itself.
KinkiN
I'm quite sure that something wrong with your GPU. For now i think it's better for you to use the integrated card until further solution have been provided.
whiteare35
well, even thou this is marked as resolved. I'am having the same issue with exact same crashing message.
Wingman626

whiteare35 wrote:

well, even thou this is marked as resolved. I'am having the same issue with exact same crashing message.

this wasnt marked as resolved. whenever a thread gets old and no more posts are made, it automatically gets [archived] and it is moved somewhere else (and that 'somewhere else' is 'resolved')

you should make another thread in the help forum detailing your issue with information about your hardware, OS, and anything that can help the community take a crack at solving your issue.

link to this thread as reference as well if the supposed solutions in this thread (or where ever you looked) ended up 'not bearing any fruit'