forum

[Archived] osu! Crashes after hitting solo play

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nucl3arsnake
Problem Details:

That's just it, I start the game, and hit "Solo" or "Edit" and the game crashes to Desktop, tried adding different maps and removing maps but it doesnt seem to make a difference, tried running the game on every compatibility mode and doesn't work either, I'm really at a loss here :/
Nathanael
Try to switch renderers by using the recovery dialog.
Hold down the left shift button while attempting to run osu! and it should appear with some options.
Topic Starter
nucl3arsnake
Thx for the reply, tried that, didnt work, I copied an older version of osu! I had on my laptop and it run with no problems, the second I updated it, it stopped working again, same issue...
I think the problem is in Song Select, I tried playing Multi and everything was fine until I created a new game, the moment I clicked "Choose song" osu crashed to desktop.
drum drum
Have you tried reinstalling osu! yet?

If you're on OpenGL, don't use the unlimited FPS limiter.
Topic Starter
nucl3arsnake
I re-download and re-installed and the same thing happens, with the new install I deleted all the beatmaps I had and tried to add a new one and it still crashed at song select, new beatmap, new osu! same crash, its just weird xD
By the way osu! was running perfectly until I added a couple of beatmaps an hour or so ago, that's when this all started.
Topic Starter
nucl3arsnake
All right, I switched to OpenGL (for the second time) and I was able to get into song select, thing is, I clicked a song, the map started loading, then it send me to the main menu and 2 seconds later crashed again, there was an error notification on the main menu that said "error loading beatmap"
drum drum
A video would be pretty helpful at this point but it's fine if you can't.

Does it crash instantly or does it slow down and then crash? After crashing does the pippi get that cookie out of your mouth window open?
This is certainly a problem with loading beatmap information...
A list of beatmaps you have downloaded would help.
Topic Starter
nucl3arsnake
It crashes instantly that's why I can't really upload a screenshot (dont have video capture software for video) I dont get any windows or anything afterwards either, it's like the process just ends abruptly.

These were the last two beatmaps I downloaded, which led to the game starting to crash:
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/124494
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/32280

(is there a way to get a list of my current beatmaps? there are over 200 so it'd take a while to list them manually)
PyaKura
Random suggestion, you tried removing those two maps from your song folder ?
Topic Starter
nucl3arsnake
Yeah like i said, I re-download and re-installed the game and it crashed even with only the default maps...
drum drum
Perhaps a dev would know more about why it's crashing.

I don't have any other ideas that I believe will work
Shirayuki
Does it give any error log? Do you see the error report "Get that cookie out ...", and in that case, can you copy paste the log details here?
Topic Starter
nucl3arsnake
I don't get any error messages or logs its just a clean crash, I click play and it immediately sends me to the desktop...
Thx for the help so far : )
Kiba002
same happens to me, any suggestion?
COOLAZ8
the sames happening to me after i download a song :/
Zelzatter Zero
Please make a new thread instead of bumping.