forum

Mekaku City Actors General

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nyrox
Discuss.

Individual stories (i.e separated as songs) are good and show interesting parts to each character but I think putting it all together is a bit conflicting.
First episode, some differences from source material that bother me and as a fan of Shaft I will say, Shaft is not doing this show any good but rather great harm.
Also, as many complain, shit VA selection.

So many good characters and the albums are great though. So far for me, Mekaku City Actors anime is a no go, but overall KagePro is still pretty dope.
Navizel
I'm just watching it because head tilts and SHAFT.

Anyway, anime looks low-budget (and overhyped). I don't know what happened on the manga or w/e but the anime is the usual SHAFT with confusing scenes and stuff.
Topic Starter
nyrox

Navizel wrote:

I'm just watching it because head tilts and SHAFT.

Anyway, anime looks low-budget (and overhyped). I don't know what happened on the manga or w/e but the anime is the usual SHAFT with confusing scenes and stuff.
Manga isn't very good either, all the hype comes from the albums which I think isn't much overhype cause the albums are that good, the show isn't as good as the hype tho.
Erina
I guess I'm convincing myself to agree with you...

I loved the songs and everything Kagerou Project, and I'm SO HAPPY that it's finally getting an anime, but after watching the first episode, it's good and all but it could be so much better. I guess I liked it better when each song told individual stories that us fans would put together ourselves, creating little "theories" about what we think happened.

Well, hopefully the comedy will deliver. SHAFT made a jab at all of us that complained about VA selection tho :P

I'm still looking forward to the next episode!
The Winner Man
Should probably change it to a general thread
Outsanity
My thing is this: I like the show. It's ok but, I guess my one tiny nitpick is how it's almost a copy/paste of Monogatari and the rest of the series.
The weird angles, close ups, the rich/colorful scenery... But, I might be just picking out one tiny thing that's really overlookable to some.
Mogsy

Outsanity wrote:

My thing is this: I like the show. It's ok but, I guess my one tiny nitpick is how it's almost a copy/paste of Monogatari and the rest of the series.
The weird angles, close ups, the rich/colorful scenery... But, I might be just picking out one tiny thing that's really overlookable to some.
Welcome to the lovely world of being able to pinpoint a directorial style. This is just how Akiyuki Shinbou does most things, but in this case it's not a overhyped harem.

I dunno, I don't mind the actor selection so far. It's not horrible to listen to.

As far as what's on screen, I like a lot of how some scenes are presented, especially in episode 2. I have no familiarity with the albums but it's weaving something neat that I really want to see tied together so far. Could go downhill but we're only two episodes in.

of course the one time I've liked something from Shaft since Madoka it's the thing that everyone hates
HighSee
Ep1 was... interesting while deviating from source material, but nothing about the character actually stood out, but in a way that's kind of the point with Shintaro, I think.

Ep2, mixture between Recital and Attention. Actually, the entire episode was just that wasn't it? Not exactly sure how to feel about it. It felt like it was dragging on though.

I have the feeling Shaft is utilizing all of the material to create the story and it will eventually come together. I suppose its the pacing of the show though that makes this tedious to watch.

I think the animation style could work considering Kagerou Project has a sublime feel to it (imo). It is fair to say though that this artistic direction could also be a flaw for KP. It's fascinating watching an animated series based on a musical collection and manga anthology. Could be for better or for worse.
[-Tsubomi-]
jfdalskdl i love mekaku city actors < 3 i finished the anime already and i've read the manga , my favorite would have to be Kano , he's just so amazing blehheheheh >o><