Mafia Mod Queue

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Amianki

Nyquill wrote:

Setsuen wrote:

I want to be in the Overpowered faction.
The two main factions are both pretty overpowered.
Understatement of the year right here.
Topic Starter
Amianki
I was originally waiting to get thoughts on this set-up before putting it in the queue, so I might as well bring it up again:

CalignoBot wrote:

I have a gimmicky idea for a minigame next time we decide to start one.

3 Goons (daytalk)
4 Townies
1 Town Vig Switch
1 Town 1-Shot Vig

The goons know who the two non-townies are, but not who is which. Neither the Vig Switch nor the 1-Shot Vig know they are those roles, and the Vig only gains the shot when the Vig Switch dies. The mafia get a one-shot kill that can be used anytime after D2, but not in LyLo.
The game is nightless.
beeboy123
Im in if you dont mind a complete noob.
Sephibro

CalignoBot wrote:

I have a gimmicky idea for a minigame next time we decide to start one.

3 Goons (daytalk)
4 Townies
1 Town Vig Switch
1 Town 1-Shot Vig

The goons know who the two non-townies are, but not who is which. Neither the Vig Switch nor the 1-Shot Vig know they are those roles, and the Vig only gains the shot when the Vig Switch dies. The mafia get a one-shot kill that can be used anytime after D2, but not in LyLo.
The game is nightless.[/quote]

since there's no way to know which one is the vig and which one is the switch that mechanic is not gimmicky, it's just completely random

here is how this game will go:

both non-townies claim immediately, and they are confirmed since no scum will fakeclaim (if 1 scum fakeclaims, he has 1/3 chance of getting lynched immediately (0-1 exchange), 1/3 the switch gets lynched and the vig shots him (1-1 exchange), 1/3 the vig gets lynched, in this case he has 50% chance of getting lynched right after and 50% to get the switch lynched too before getting lynched himself).
as soon as scum can use the one-shot kill, they target one of the two non-townies with that.
if they hit the vig, game goes ahead one random lynch at a time
if they hit the switch, game still goes ahead one random lynch at a time, with the only difference that in this case vig will shoot at lylo (because it's the stage in which he has more probability to hit scum), which doesn't make any difference at all with a lynch in a nightless game...

silly setup
Topic Starter
Amianki
Neither the vig nor the vig switch know they are those roles.
Sephibro
...i know and that's why i wrote what i wrote?
Topic Starter
Amianki
I meant they get a townie PM, not that they get a PR PM.
Sephibro
ooooooooh then i was wrong, there's not even that little part of "strategy" that there would have been otherwise, it is just random lynching from the beginning to the end ;)
Topic Starter
Amianki
Okay... so what changes would you recommend?
Sakura
btw CB im ready to run Matrix6 whenever.
pieguyn
/riichi

idk which one i want to do though
Setsuen
no new game yet? I'm bored.
*Cross fingers and hopethat Rewrite mafia OR Matrix 6 starts recruiting after I stated this*
Sakura
I'll start recruiting whenever CB allows me to.
Topic Starter
Amianki
Was it meant to be a mini game? I put it in the regular list since you didn't specify either way and the last one was run as a normal.
Sakura
idk what you'd call a 9p game here tho.
Setsuen
Normal... mini........just randomly select one @.@
/pre in Save a spot for me.
Topic Starter
Amianki
Hm. Maybe the sections should be altered a bit.

How about something like this for classification of mini-games:

1. Set-ups that are meant to be fairly short in length.
2. Set-ups that have a small player count. Not sure whether 7p or 9p would be better for this one.
3. Set-ups that are easy to understand for new people, meaning no roles or mechanics that are non-standard.

Any that meet two of these can be classified as a mini-game. I believe that every mini-game played up to this point would fit this.
Sakura
Newbies follow at least 2 and 3.
Setsuen
Still waiting for something to start @.@
Topic Starter
Amianki
I'll make the necessary changes since it doesn't seem like anyone has any direct problem with it yet.

Anyone who does should still post them, though.

EDIT: Done. You're clear to start.
Topic Starter
Amianki
I've started an emergency moderator list in the opening post. If anyone wishes to be put on that list, post here and you will be added.

All that would mean is if a game moderator suddenly has to leave for some period of time and doesn't have a back-up moderator already set, they can ask one of the people in this list if the latter can fill in for the former unitl they are able to fully return to moderating duties. Naturally that would mean anyone currently alive in that game would be unable to accept.

I would recommend having at least some modding experience before requesting to be on the list, but it will not be an enforced barrier.
Chamelo
I'm ready to host a sleep/sleepless mafia. :)
Topic Starter
Amianki
Can you explain what the set-up is or at minimum give the player amount and game type (open, closed, theme, mini)?
Chamelo
I think I already gave the information, in the old one.

Wait a little bit, I'll posting again here.
Chamelo
Sleep/Sleepless Mafia | 9-15p | Closed setup
Each day has 2 phases: Day and Night. Each of them have a equal deadline, 5 days. Player can also vote at night, lynch rule apply.
Players can choose whether they'll sleep at night or not. A sleep player can't vote at night. (They can't be lynched too.)
Night kill can only use when the user is awake at night.
Some player may have an item. (Hidden ability) Both role/ability can be used any time.
In day time, player must state their action before use it.
If I missed anything, please tell me.
Topic Starter
Amianki
Perfect. Thanks.

I was talking with Ghostfrog a bit about the factions setup and we don't really know how well it works, so I'm thinking that maybe a game or two in this subforum would reflect better on whether this set-up is worth anything or not. It's at the very least an interesting deviant.

Factions --- 6p --- Open

2 Townies
2 Fanatics
1 Merchant
1 Grim Reaper

Game is nightless. Townies and fanatics are aware of their partner.

Townies win if both of the fanatics and either the merchant or grim reaper are lynched.
Fanatics win if both of the townies and either the merchant or grim reaper are lynched.
Merchant wins if one townie, one fanatic, and the grim reaper is lynched.
Grim Reaper wins if one townie, one fanatic, and the merchant is lynched.

EDIT: Of course, this would be meant as a mini-game since it's a small game and not meant to be overly long.
Sephibro
are there any differences between the factions besides the name?
or is this one random lynch until someone wins too?
Raging Bull
high school mafia 2, return of the raging bully. Come on Sakura.
Setsuen

Raging Bull wrote:

high school mafia 2, return of the raging bully. Come on Sakura.
I hope this happens. If this does, I hope Rantai doesn't join to tunnel vision this :(
Topic Starter
Amianki

Sephibro wrote:

are there any differences between the factions besides the name?
or is this one random lynch until someone wins too?
Why are you so addicted to the idea that everyone will random lynch?
GuyInFreezer
/in to mod SPARTAN MAFIA

- WHO NEEDS PR?? THIS GAME IS THE SETUP OF 9 VANILLA TOWNIES AND 2 MAFIAS!
- WHO NEEDS NO LYNCH?? WHOEVER DOESN'T VOTE BY THE END OF THE DAY WILL BE MODKILLED!
- INCOMPLETE LYNCH? WHAT A BUNCH OF COWARDS! IF THE LYNCH ISN'T ACHIEVED, RANDOM PERSON WILL BE LYNCHED!
- SLACKING OFF? NON SENSE! WHOEVER DOESN'T POST EVERY 2 HOURS WILL BE MODKILLED!
- LACK OF EFFORT? THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS 'LACK OF EFFORT' IN SPARTA! WHOEVER DOESN'T POST MORE THAN ONE LINE PER POST WILL BE MODKILLED!

- AM I SERIOUS ABOUT ACTUALLY MODDING THIS GAME? HELL NO!

/out
Sephibro
rofl
Raging Bull
Seems fun.
Setsuen

GuyInFreezer wrote:

/in to mod SPARTAN MAFIA

- LACK OF EFFORT? THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS 'LACK OF EFFORT' IN SPARTA! WHOEVER DOESN'T POST MORE THAN ONE LINE PER POST WILL BE MODKILLED!

/out
THIS PLS. I want this rule to apply only.
On a "serious note":LOL I can't believe you posted that
pieguyn
change Faith PLus One to UPick Normal Mafia

send me 3 roles off this list and get one of them:
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... gory:Roles
the role can have at most one modifier, or use vanilla as a base to get another modifier.

DISCLAIMER: I reserve the right to nerf your role in some way if you send me an OP role. ex: I may change a full cop to smth like a 2-shot cop. so make sure to include some sort of modifier to balance it out if you send me a powerful role. if none o the roles on your list fit with the setup, I may ask for another list. just don't do anything stupid plz

/ready

hi LS
Sephibro
in for this
Tanzklaue
also in
Topic Starter
Amianki
Let me know if the new entry has wrong info.
pieguyn
I love how we all just implicitly assumed 13p

I'm ready whenever btw
Topic Starter
Amianki
That's what the last set-up was, so I just made that the default.
show more