forum

Which keyboard is better for osu!!!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sneg
Which Keyboard would be better ?
Both have MX Red switches, but the first one is suspiciously cheap, so what do you say ?

http://www.amazon.de/Cherry-Board-3-0-T ... s=CM+Storm

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B006EB4 ... KAKR8XB7XF
Zereki
I don't think keyboards play a big role in osu.It's more about preferences.Personally I would go for the CM Storm Quickfire.
Marcin
Wrong section, moving to Gameplay & rankings.
Myke B
I like the second one better.
Nakage
the CM Storm quickfire is made with better materials and is much more sturdy. Cherry red switches are fairly delicate, so if you're hammering really hard on your keys, then definitely stick with the quickfire.

Also, keyboards do make a difference. I've played with a $5 keyboard for the longest time, then switched to a mechanical. I will never, ever go back.
iNguyen
Personally, i have the CM Storm Quickfire Rapid myself except it has MX Blue switches instead of Reds. I would have to say that i'm very satisfied with this keyboard. I've only had it for about 2 weeks but the keyboard itself is very sturdy and many have said that it is built very similarly to the Filco keyboards. I guess it's all about personal preference when it comes to keyboards so don't really take my post too seriously as it's probably biased. :P

Still, for a low budget keyboard this is a good choice ;)
shortpotato
both are fine

dont get too mixed up in keyboard selection

you need skill not pro keyboard
thelewa
the posts on this thread

oh my

just get red switches they're the best for osu!
Yano
Both Keyboards are good but if you want a good Keyboard for Osu! or for Gaming, then the best choose is definitly a mechanical Keyboard...

Most Gamers use a Keyboard with Red Switches and also many People uses Blue Switches
http://www.keyboardco.com/blog/index.php/2012/12/an-introduction-to-cherry-mx-mechanical-switches

The Keyboard itself isn't so important ...

Comparison both and then look what you find better

If you need a Keyboard with Numblock like me then buy a Keyboard with Numblock ...

All Users here have a different opinion

But Red Switches are the best Switches for Gamer
Weed
I think you'll have the same result with either.
Rewben2
Reds are probably better than blacks (less force required, both linear). Additionally, I've heard good things about the CM Storm Quickfire, I was going to get one myself (or a ducky).
Lach

Ultrayano wrote:

The Keyboard itself isn't so important ...
Actually the make of the keyboard is one of the most important things. Some keyboard manufacturers make sub-par boards, ship with shit firmware, or use garbage parts in general. Other things to consider would be the key spacing, elevation, keycaps, cable length, pass-throughs.

The reason so many people suggest CM Storm is because cookiezi used one because they're pretty affordable compared to other makers. Mainly because tenkeyless. I've been using a Steelseries 6gv2 (red), which is pretty nice, sturdy. Comes with a PS/2 adapter. A Ducky Zero (Blue) which I got for free, I cannot recommend blue switches for osu!, because I think they're fucking garbage after having used them for a few months.

And a Corsair K90.

At first, I thought the K90 was good. And then I started noticing things. While typing, it would randomly not issue keystrokes. As you can imagine, this was a problem for circle clicking. I even updated the firmware, which seemed to stop the problem, but it actually had the opposite effect. It then issued keys MULTIPLE times. By this time it was already too late for a refund. I tried Corsair support, but they told me they couldn't replace it.

The bottom lime is asdfpenisbbq.

Stop making threads about mechanical keyboards.
WolfCoder
Heh, I checked the store out of curiosity and they sell several models of Corsair all except the K90.
Topic Starter
Sneg
Thanks for the answers but i never asked about the switches xD
I already decided to get the red switches, I only wanted to know if the cheap one would be fine..

Nakage wrote:

the CM Storm quickfire is made with better materials and is much more sturdy. Cherry red switches are fairly delicate, so if you're hammering really hard on your keys, then definitely stick with the quickfire.

Also, keyboards do make a difference. I've played with a $5 keyboard for the longest time, then switched to a mechanical. I will never, ever go back.
ok thanks, so CM Storm stands for good quality..

iNguyen wrote:

Personally, i have the CM Storm Quickfire Rapid myself except it has MX Blue switches instead of Reds. I would have to say that i'm very satisfied with this keyboard. I've only had it for about 2 weeks but the keyboard itself is very sturdy and many have said that it is built very similarly to the Filco keyboards. I guess it's all about personal preference when it comes to keyboards so don't really take my post too seriously as it's probably biased. :P

Still, for a low budget keyboard this is a good choice ;)