forum

[resolved] Bitcoin Donations!

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +5
Topic Starter
Centribo
I think this would be really awesome. Bitcoins don't take any fees to transfer, and currently they're worth about $1200 per BTC. I don't have a credit card, so normal donations isn't possible for me, but I do own a few bitcoins and would love to put them towards Osu!.

Thoughts?
PyaKura
Supporting.
I'm really not familiar with these, but I roughly know how bitcoins work.
Marcin
I wouldn't be so sure about bitcoin due to its ... stability? I can't really explain.
PyaKura
Its value tends to fluctuate quite a lot (less than a few years ago though). But it would interesting to see if it can work in somw way.
Topic Starter
Centribo
Well, the amount of donated bitcoins could be calculated at the time of donation by looking at the conversion rate. They do fluctuate, but so long as you sell the bitcoin as soon as or close to the time of donation, there is little to no loss of money. If anything, they are donations so it doesn't cost anything on peppy's end right?

Edit:
Peppy could also use a bitcoin store front like coinbase (which is the one that Humble Indie Bundle uses) or bitpay.
Sea_Food

Centribo wrote:

I think this would be really awesome. Bitcoins don't take any fees to transfer, and currently they're worth about $1200 per BTC. I don't have a credit card, so normal donations isn't possible for me, but I do own a few bitcoins and would love to put them towards Osu!.

Thoughts?
Bitcoin transfers dont cost anything, but selling bitcoins for normal money usually does.

Btw guys my bitcoin wallet is empty, can please send me just one? Would look nice ;)
- Marco -
peppy can use coinbase or some bitcoin bank, i can earn free bitcoin so this wold be perfect to me \o/
Perfection
What are bit coins?
Dexus

Sea_Food wrote:

Btw guys my bitcoin wallet is empty, can please send me just one? Would look nice ;)
uhh...

Topic Starter
Centribo

Kurapika wrote:

What are bit coins?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um63OQz3bjo
blissfulyoshi
Well I don't think bitcoin is any more stable than it was a year ago (pretty sure a year ago it was more stable when it was around 5 dollars compared to today's 10% swaying every day.), but besides that, bitcoin charges a fairly large fee for microtransactions. As an example, I was trying to transfer teh US equivalent of $1.07, and I got charged 10 cents extra. Lickewise, when I tried transferring something larger, like $1.68 (sorry I don't have much on me right now), I was charged 12 cents. Since most osu! transactions fall under the micro-transaction category, I have a feeling that it might just be cheaper to use a normal credit card.

Besides that, why Bitcoin and not another cryto currency, besides the fact that Bitcoin is the defacto standard these days.
I don't really think bitcoins is that great of an idea.

Regular currency (USD, Euros, etc.) is good because it stays roughly at the same value for long periods of time.

Bitcoin however might rise in price and decrease very quickly. Since the value isn't constant it would be hard to truly gauge it's value.
Sea_Food

Kurapika wrote:

What are bit coins?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfeA94BedQI
peppy
I do not accept donations.

If you wish to buy support with bitcoins, I will accept them at 40% current market value to USD, on a manual basis. Send me an email after you make a transfer and I will credit your account.

1GHtkLFa6xLoSQs19kJmg8mEvTpVW2P9UG
Ciunek
I think someone would have to be crazy to send it like that and lose 60% of its value, but hey, that's just my opinion.
peppy
Well that's my offer. I don't believe in gambling on a currency that is inflated only due to speculation. I may change this offer as time progresses, but that's where things stand. I prefer real money to virtual.