forum

osu! World Cup #3 (Concluded - Korea wins)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Emaal

Gon wrote:

where hoppip
he he he
jesse1412

Gon wrote:

where hoppip
If I told you that I'd gimp our chances of actually getting him on the UK team.
maay
reserving slot for team Uruguay:

Captain: maay
Player 2: Z e o n
Player 3: H1ko
Player 4: Snepif

updating soon, thx
Aoi Haru_old
Poles will won
Tanzklaue

Aoi Haru wrote:

Poles will won
nope. korea and japan will play it out.
JonnyThatJonny
Expecting Latvia team as best underdog of the tournament.
Tanzklaue
expecting germany being the team that is heavily underrated despite being as good as some of the best non-asian teams.
thelewa

Tanzklaue wrote:

expecting germany being the team that is heavily underrated despite being as good as some of the best non-asian teams.
Sorry, but that spot is taken by Finland.
xsrsbsns
expecting malaysia as best non-asian asian team
Vish024
I suggest you guys don't use this thread for banter/jokes/non-preparation related comments. You can post in this thread for that.
Ruidoso
Oh, god why...
Niko

Aoi Haru wrote:

Poles will won
no.
Vmx

JonnyThatJonny wrote:

Expecting Latvia team as best underdog of the tournament.
D:
Wishy
The new back-ups rule is completely broken. From what you wrote it means that if NONE of the 6 main players are available, you can use 2 back-ups, meaning you'll play 2v4. :fucklogic:

I assume you mean you can freely use your special back-ups when you can't get a full team online at the time of the match, meaning 3 of your 6 are AFK, you can use 1 special back-up. Anyways it is impossible for anyone to actually prove who's available and who's not (omg cat on fire can't play hey back-up guy go play), so you could pretty much edit the OP post and put you can get 8 players total. You could add that 2 "last back-ups" won't get supporter tag (who cares anyways), but meh.

Then again if you mean you got to design 6 out of those 8 players for a match before match's time, still pointless. Accounts can and will be shared if some team can't get 4 players@match time. Just go make it 4 main + 4 back-ups. Or 4 main + 2 back-ups + 2 emergency back-ups.
Topic Starter
Loctav
Fixed the wordings a bit to clarify what I meant. I think this should be final now.
SuzumiyaBR

_S_T_A_R wrote:

Macau Team

Captain: _S_T_A_R
#2: HildasXD
#3: Alvin Chan
#4: staplerXD
#5: Balance

Good Lucky Macau Team
KRZY
Now that you've decided to allow teams to have 8 members, I also think we should keep it simple here and allow 8-person teams without division. There is no reason to distinguish between starters and backups at all.
Tanzklaue
even KRZY said that it is smart. now please do it, so everyone is happy.

Metro

KRZY wrote:

Now that you've decided to allow teams to have 8 members, I also think we should keep it simple here and allow 8-person teams without division. There is no reason to distinguish between starters and backups at all.
Agreed.

You can also make it that if some team never uses a player those players won't get any prizes.
Ohrami
USA team

Captain: Kyou-kun
#2: Silynn
#3: Kaoru
#4: SapphireGhost
#5: JAKANYAN

I'll think of more later
KRZY
Also,

Loctav wrote:

3. Captain of the winning team must provide screenshots of all of the map results and the Multiplayer History link. These must be sent to to fartownik or Loctav via forum PM. If any of the captains won't do it, the match will be nullified and a rematch will be needed.
I don't know if this is really necessary/appropriate. Multiplayer history should be enough, as it was in the previous world cup. Also, captains should be allowed to post match results on this forum for everyone to see.

Updating the Korean team:

Team Korea
Timezone: GMT +9

Captain
  • KRZY
Players:
  • Clementine
    Reisen Udongein
    K i R i K a R u
    [ Beatrice ]
    Cookiezi
    Dungeon
    CheEz
Wishy
I was happy until I read the end of your post. :(
MMzz

Kyou-kun wrote:

USA team

I'll think of more later
Wasn't Derreku already organizing a team for USA? (If you look at the first few post.)
Ohrami

MMzz wrote:

Kyou-kun wrote:

USA team

I'll think of more later
Wasn't Derreku already organizing a team for USA? (If you look at the first few post.)
But this team is better, mostly considering he had no team members

also request to have your post deleted so the combo doesn't be broken
KRZY
You people aren't happy I returned after 8 months of inactivity? :(
MMzz

Kyou-kun wrote:

He was waiting for the results of USAT to try and organize a well balanced team.
Ohrami

MMzz wrote:

Kyou-kun wrote:

He was waiting for the results of USAT to try and organize a well balanced team.
I already know the best balance of a team for the USA

Me, JAKANYAN, SapphireGhost, Kaoru, and a couple others would be the best

Sadly, JAKANYAN decided he doesn't want to play this time
Topic Starter
Loctav
You should arrange yourself with Derekku, since I don't like this attitude that you simply overrule someone who came before you.
Metro
Kyou-kun is a better player than Derekku and as he's saying he asked the best US players to join him. He should have priority over Derekku.
Mismagius

KRZY wrote:

Cookiezi
shit incoming

And I'll talk to fabb about the 8 players thing. We had something planned but we'll see.
MillhioreF

KRZY wrote:

This is only to guarantee a place for Korea in the tournament; these members are 100% certain to change.
I think Cookiezi is just a placeholder slot. Though I could be wrong and he might come back just for the tournament, in which case

Blue Dragon wrote:

shit incoming
Pure Force

Blue Dragon wrote:

KRZY wrote:

Cookiezi
shit incoming

And I'll talk to fabb about the 8 players thing. We had something planned but we'll see.
I agree this post.
winber1
so there's 8 players a team now? or what

/too lazy to look back into thread.
Ohrami

winber1 wrote:

so there's 8 players a team now? or what

/too lazy to look back into thread.
yes
Sakamotosan-w -
If cookiezi able to come back I think owc 2013 will be unexpectedly exciting :o
but this is just my personal opinion ╮(╯▽╰)╭
Pizzicato
Team Philippines
Captain:
-KYOK-
Members:
rickyboi
Anzo-nii
Osu Tatakae Ouendan
Pizzicato
Rozen
jannnnnn
Philippines

Just a question. Can we have a member that has a japanese flag, and lives in the US, but has the same nationality as us?
If yes, I will update the list :D
Xakyrie

Metro wrote:

Kyou-kun is a better player than Derekku and as he's saying he asked the best US players to join him. He should have priority over Derekku.
Just because someone is a better player doesn't mean they can just call this place their stomping ground without even giving the slightest courtesy to question the motives and/or plans of the others involved. Derekku hasn't even mentioned what he intends to do at this point. It doesn't give Kyou-kun the privilege to just disregard anyone not of "the best" US players. No one has priority over another here. This attitude is of no relevancy at all.

Pizzicato wrote:

Just a question. Can we have a member that has a japanese flag, and lives in the US, but has the same nationality as us?
If yes, I will update the list :D
No, just as in twc (you should know Pizzicato, you're in it too xD), the member you wish to add must at least either:
  1. Originate from your home country (flag), or
  2. Moved to your home country whilst the creation of their account had preceded the current date.
In easier terms, this person must either be from there originally or live there now, even if their account was created before (example: lived in China then moved to the Philippines; flag is Chinese). A good example (I'm directing this fully to Pizzicato) would be kenny388 taking part in twc, go take a look at the list :3
Vish024

Pizzicato wrote:

If yes, Cookiezi has a dual-citizenship. He's half Australian. Sorry KRZY, you can't have him.
Pizzicato

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Pizzicato wrote:

If yes, Cookiezi has a dual-citizenship. He's half Australian. Sorry KRZY, you can't have him.
LOL
KRZY

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Let's make a deal. I give you half-Korean status so you can participate in the Korean team also...
show more