forum

More Skin Elements

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +19
Topic Starter
Lorj
Well, as a Skinner myself, I have always been thinking about stuff when...nosing around the Osu! UI, always thinking"Oh hey, that would be cool to skin" So I want to put some suggestions forward to add more elements to skin in mainly the Menu:

1) The ability to change the two bars at the top and bottom of the Beatmap Selection screen.

This would be great to be able to change, allowing to add a bit more personality into the skin. The only problem I can currently see with this is the objects that are place below and above it, and I'm not sure if they would conflict with them or not.

2) To be able to change the colour of Beatmap Banners for each type; for example I can see the current colours to be

White = Selected Difficulty of Beatmap
Blue = Selected Beatmap
Orange = Played Beatmap
Red = Approved Beatmap
Pink = New Beatmaps

Now what I've been thinking is to allow these colours to be changed in the Skin.ini and also perhaps the introduction of a new colour for Unranked beatmaps (Perhaps Green by Default, I don't know ;) )

3) Change the look of Chat icons at the bottom of the screen, and perhaps the look of the chat.

Changing the small icons in the bottom right would be the main goal here, changing the look of the chat as a whole would be a bonus in my opinion

I'm happy to add more or remove certain ones due to demand from people who post, so please Upvote or Suggest...Or Both!
(By the way, you may notice the limages are from a couple updates ago, but that don't matter :) )

More skin elements that should be skinnable:
  1. The background elements in the multiplayer lobby
  2. The new key overlay t/51694/start=270
  3. Tabs
  4. The playlist
deadbeat

Lorj wrote:

1) The ability to change the two bars at the top and bottom of the Beatmap Selection screen.

This would be great to be able to change, allowing to add a bit more personality into the skin. The only problem I can currently see with this is the objects that are place below and above it, and I'm not sure if they would conflict with them or not.
i dunno about this one ._.

Lorj wrote:

2) To be able to change the colour of Beatmap Banners for each type; for example I can see the current colours to be

White = Selected Difficulty of Beatmap
Blue = Selected Beatmap
Orange = Played Beatmap
Red = Approved Beatmap
Pink = New Beatmaps

Now what I've been thinking is to allow these colours to be changed in the Skin.ini and also perhaps the introduction of a new colour for Unranked beatmaps (Perhaps Green by Default, I don't know ;) )
i think the colours are just a rough indication of whats been played and what hasn't been played. using too many colours could be confusing.

Lorj wrote:

3) Change the look of Chat icons at the bottom of the screen, and perhaps the look of the chat.

Changing the small icons in the bottom right would be the main goal here, changing the look of the chat as a whole would be a bonus in my opinion
I really don't think that they need to be skinnable. i dunno i others, but i don't even use them. F8/F9 is easier imo
theowest
I support unlimited skinning for all graphical and audio elements.
H_Hitachiin
Very Cool^^
deadbeat

Lorj wrote:

guys...what do we do now...those icons are gone :(

theowest

deadbeat wrote:

Lorj wrote:

guys...what do we do now...those icons are gone :(

You have activate the osu! menu.

Lorj, add the key overlay to the list.
deadbeat
lol fail me
theowest
btw, I really think you should add the key overlay skin elements to this request, with colour code in the skin.ini. Instead of bothering peppy with this: t/104393/
DJKero

theowest wrote:

btw, I really think you should add the key overlay skin elements to this request, with colour code in the skin.ini. Instead of bothering peppy with this: t/104393/
I don't think so, most people won't use it, if there's a GUI color picker there will be more people that will use it...

Also, Really support this, It would be really nice to change full song selection screen through a full skin... :D
theowest

theowest wrote:

Don't be silly. You'd want to make it look good for you. I personally don't like the "apple effect" and the rounded edges. Ask any skinner why they'd want to skin stuff.

Let's be realistic here, it'll be much easier for peppy to make this available as something skinnable than having him create this colour picker.

If you could skin it, you could change the font, the colour of the font, the default "not pressing any button" colour, the colours when pressing (this request), background colour, outline, etc.
jemhuntr
thanks for adding that one theowest. Also, I would like the play, pause, next song, previous, etc buttons on the top right skinnable.
jemhuntr
t/51694/start=270
key overlay skinning is added...? (haven't tried it)
theowest
yep! looks like it was skinnable.