forum

Few simple request.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Myke B
Sorry if these have been asked for. To start off I would just like to say that Osu! is already a great game and doesn't need a whole lot of major improvements. For the small amount of time I have been playing, I love it.

1: After pausing the game then resuming, there should be a 3 second count down so you can prepare to resume.

2. Be able to decide which ranking you want to show in multiplayer, Country, or World.

3. In multiplayer show the icon(s) of which each player are using (mouse, tablet, touch screen etc.)

4. Maybe show each player's Icon in multiplayer? Just a thought.

5. Finally, This is just an idea so bare with me.. An In game translator. I know this would be hard due to slang and such, However; people could probably get the gist of it. People from all around the world play this game pretty frequently and I think it would be a cool thing to have so people can communicate better.

Thanks for taking the time to read these suggestions.
Sakura
t/1640

chan wrote:

4. Keep to one request per topic.
Why people never see this.

In any case.

1 - Good idea, but not sure how many people would like it, maybe add a toggle?

2 - Should also specific near the rank which country the rank is from or Global.

3 - Hmm not sure how that would be implemented into the game

4 - Not sure what you mean, isn't the same as 3?

5 - The google app that can do this doesnt have a free version anymore, so doubtful.
Topic Starter
Myke B
"1 - Good idea, but not sure how many people would like it, maybe add a toggle?" - Why would people not like it? More people are probably like me where, if you are playing a fast song and the orange dot you have to click is in a bad spot or not, it's really hard to just "continue playing"

"2 - Should also specific near the rank which country the rank is from or Global." - obviously, I thought that kinda went without saying. Have the icon of the flag from the country you are in, have an earth if it's world.

"3 - Hmm not sure how that would be implemented into the game" - go to your profile page, it's under your picture.

"4 - Not sure what you mean, isn't the same as 3?" no.. Your profile icon is not the same as the device you are using to play osu!

"5 - The google app that can do this doesnt have a free version anymore, so doubtful." I guess, I was just throwing it out there.

"4. Keep to one request per topic." my bad, Like I said I'm still pretty new.
blissfulyoshi
Not sure how anyone plans to separate out the topic, but I going to say no to 1.

Implementation 1, click where you last were and then wait 3 seconds:
If this is done, anyone is free to reposition his or her cursor to wherever, possibly making jumps easier, so that shouldn't happen

Implementation 2, wait for 3 seconds before clicking on where you last were:
Ummm.... this makes no sense whatsoever.

If you have an implementation besides those 2, suggest it.
Aurele
1: It was like that before, but without countdown and the "Clic here to resume". It was implemented to prevent "Hacking" like, stoping during a jump and then unpausing to get to the other note.
deadbeat

quartss wrote:

1: After pausing the game then resuming, there should be a 3 second count down so you can prepare to resume.
No support. when you pause play, then resume, you need to click inside the circle, like so, this stop people pausing and then resuming so that they can reach notes that they wouldn't of been able to before. adding this would break that. i think its best kept as it is.

quartss wrote:

2. Be able to decide which ranking you want to show in multiplayer. Country, or World.
pretty sure there are requests for this. its better to just have the multiplayer one active imo

quartss wrote:

3. In multiplayer show the icon(s) of which each player are using (mouse, tablet, touch screen etc.)
if it bothers you, go find the person and look through there icon, again, like so

quartss wrote:

4. Maybe show each player's Icon in multiplayer? Just a thought.
i see no reason for this at all. name and rank is enough imo

quartss wrote:

5. Finally, This is just an idea so bare with me.. An In game translator. I know this would be hard due to slang and such, However; people could probably get the gist of it. People from all around the world play this game pretty frequently and I think it would be a cool thing to have so people can communicate better.
oh wow x.x also no. i think peppy has a lot more useful things to pump time into than a in-game translator. just use google translate. seems to be working well enough
Topic Starter
Myke B
@deadbeat I don't think you are understanding. These things aren't bothering me I'm just saying that they would be cool if they were implemented.

@Blissfulyoshi "Implementation 2, wait for 3 seconds before clicking on where you last were:
Ummm.... this makes no sense whatsoever. If you have an implementation besides those 2, suggest it." none of that makes any sense, sorry :/ you are just repeating what you said before that "Implementation 1, click where you last were and then wait 3 seconds:
If this is done, anyone is free to reposition his or her cursor to wherever, possibly making jumps easier, so that shouldn't happen" but then saying "ummm... this makes no sense whatsoever." are you aware that idea 1 and 2 are different or?... then "If you have an implementation besides those 2, suggest it." I believe there is 4 in total. Please put more time into your replies.
Sakura
Ok 1 is obviously Denied and i think 2 is duplicate? I still dont know what you mean by "icon" on 4. if you mean Avatar, then you can already see that in multiplayer when you're playing against each other, about 3, that's an implementation on the website, not sure how it would go about implementing it into the game. And 5, who knows, first there needs to be a nice translation app that's free.

So yeah i guess we can remove 1 and 2 from the discussion.

Also the reason we require one thread per request is so that it's easier to find each request, for instance if i were spend a vote in this thread, which request am i supposedly supporting?, Please split your requests or i'll have to end up marking this one as invalid.
blissfulyoshi

quartss wrote:

@Blissfulyoshi "Implementation 2, wait for 3 seconds before clicking on where you last were:
Ummm.... this makes no sense whatsoever. If you have an implementation besides those 2, suggest it." none of that makes any sense, sorry :/ you are just repeating what you said before that "Implementation 1, click where you last were and then wait 3 seconds:
If this is done, anyone is free to reposition his or her cursor to wherever, possibly making jumps easier, so that shouldn't happen" but then saying "ummm... this makes no sense whatsoever." are you aware that idea 1 and 2 are different or?... then "If you have an implementation besides those 2, suggest it." I believe there is 4 in total. Please put more time into your replies.
Sorry I wasn't exactly clear, but they are different
Implementaiton 1: Pause-> Unpause->click on current position->wait 3 seconds->play
Implementaiton 2: Pause-> Unpause->wait 3 seconds->click on current position->play