forum

osu! 2012 T-shirt Design Contest

posted
Total Posts
show more
awp

JonnyThatJonny wrote:

Oops. Unless I would just make the same model with 2013 in it for future reasons (in the remote case of being one of the winners) I'm not sure how to replace it. I'll think about it and try to come up with something until the deadline.
how about "osu!" or "go!" or something in kanji? that way it can look cool, be related to the source, and not have to mean anything to us folks what can't read them fancy moon runes
Kynan

Ballance wrote:

how about this one :)
Oh My Godness so EPIC i'd definitly buy this one !
All hail Ballance !
sherrie__fay

just these.
full size are too big to upload and read so i do some cut to it.
too less time to do design aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
i hate final exam i hate essay
lSolar_old

Ballance wrote:

how about this one :)

*o*
Streero
It's a good T-shirt.I like it very much. :)
SYSEN
Well. . . made some simple design :D
for the size. . . .since it's vector, you can enlarge it to super big banner size if you want :P
oh. . .by the way

just asking for clarification. . .

For the :
"winners must provide 300+ DPI proofs"
Does the winner must provide the test print (hard proof),
or the winner can just provide the soft proofed image?

or maybe (sorry), you mean PPI? (the winner just give you final .ai files with layers), from what i read on older posts, some people mistook DPI for PPI

since you say DPI, i think it might have something to do with the printer. . .

sorry for my bad Grammar. . .

Anyway. . thanks to those who remembering me about the "mistake" :p
Edit: centered, thicker border

PS: thanks to those who pointed the mistakes for me
Kynan
Index-San's centered "Osu!" is awesome too !
I think it's better on a T-shirt to have the logo centered + catch phrase just under it like on the picture.
Great design !
RandomJibberish

Index-San wrote:

designs
Rhythm Helps Your Two Hips Move

The designs will be pretty nice once that's fixed, though :P
SYSEN

RandomJibberish wrote:

Index-San wrote:

designs
Rhythm Helps Your Two Hips Move

The designs will be pretty nice once that's fixed, though :P
T-thanks for remembering me xD
it's fixed now :P
lSolar_old
Omg, good job Index-San. :3
boat
It ticks me off how the "osu!" on the pink blob doesn't look centered tho.
Minty Gum
The osu! looks a little bit off-centered... besides that slight detail, I think it looks very cool and nice. Would wear~
RBRat3
Im still waiting for someone to actually interlace/scanline the osu lettering like the originals. Am I the only one that caught that?
Nekoroll

RBRat3 wrote:

Im still waiting for someone to actually interlace/scanline the osu lettering like the originals. Am I the only one that caught that?
No, I'm aware of the scanlines on the osu lettering but considering this will be on a shirt, I'm not sure if scanlines would be too fine of lines to be captured properly after the silkscreen process.

I like Index-San's design and I can see it being more of like a banner-type design. Shouldn't the white border of the osu! logo be a little thicker though? o.o
RBRat3

Nekoroll wrote:

RBRat3 wrote:

No, I'm aware of the scanlines on the osu lettering but considering this will be on a shirt, I'm not sure if scanlines would be too fine of lines to be captured properly after the silkscreen process.

I like Index-San's design and I can see it being more of like a banner-type design. Shouldn't the white border of the osu! logo be a little thicker though? o.o
Doesn't have to be 1:1 with the original just noticeable. You can screen anything as long as its no finer than the screen itself and the textile its being applied to which is both an unknown but being even close to the threshold is far from what I call noticeable.
1 millimeter and up should be satisfactory, If not then they must be using burlap for screening these days XD
akrolsmir

sherrie__fay wrote:

just these.
full size are too big to upload and read so i do some cut to it.
too less time to do design aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
<3 shadow pippi. (There are enough great designs in this thread to fill my wardrobe completely with just osu! shirts xD)

Anyways, updated my post with some new/modified designs (also box'd here:)

Also, inverted versions for use on darker shirts:
http://puu.sh/DJFr
http://puu.sh/DK1z

Minty Gum's suggestion (feels like I'm stealing Daru's scheme xP):

And softer, more pastel-y colors:
Ruidoso

- MAGiCAL - wrote:

Ya! Taiko shirts would be AWESOME! :)
Catch the beat shirts would be awesome too.
Fritzi_old

Ruidoso wrote:

Catch the beat shirts would be awesome too.
working on that atm
Minty Gum
Maybe this will sound strange, but I think there's too much contrast in your design. Try out using a dark grey background against the white instead of pitch black. It will look a bit softer~
BounceBabe

sherrie__fay wrote:

you are not alone x.x
strawberrymoshi_old
I'm new to this forum x3 I have to say, I absolutely adore Osu!
I've been meaning to do some fanart for it for a while, so what better excuse then to enter this comp :P?

So, here's my entry:

and how it would look on a t-shirt! I know the colour top I've chosen is very bold, but I wanted it to match the colours of the site. I'm not even sure if it would be possible to get a t-shirt in that colour x3 If I am chosen then hopefully I can find out what colours are available and do any colour tweaks so it looks lovely on all of them~ (I've tried the picture on a darker top briefly and it worked, but I might need to change the blue text to a lighter shade to make it show up.)

Hope you like them!
theowest
That looks amazing. But I bet it won't be easy to print.

Edit: Why doesn't she have any boobs? Is she prepubertal? You disgust me.

Actually, this whole loli culture is quite harmful.
YodaSnipe
good concept. hate pippi's look.
Nekoroll
Das cute. :3
Misao
omg so cuteeee i'd so buy that ;_; <3
Kynan
@strawberrymoshi : You should put a fruit Ryuuta instead of pippi because many people don't like her look (I'm also part of those people ^^).
Plus it will put some CTB on the shirt because you already drawed some taiko + osu! logo but no CTB stuff...

Anyway great design but I won't buy it if there's pippi on it xD
Misao

Kynan383 wrote:

Anyway great design but I won't buy it if there's pippi on it xD
I'd still buy.
Fritzi_old
hopefully i can finish my designe until july 1st....nut sure
awp
Not gonna lie, I actually kind of want that shirt
Mercurial
Not gonna lie, Where's Ryuuta and CtB mode?
winber1
but she's so moe
strawberrymoshi_old
Theowest: I didn't put boobs cause one of the official drawings I was using as ref didn't have any :3

I personally don't like Pippys look either, but it's the mascot, and there's a lot of entries already with just the logo, so I thought I'd opt for something a bit different.

I was going to put catch the beat stuff on as well, but I couldn't work out a way to incorporate it into the design, where it was as easy to recognise as the taiko's and didn't make the image look too cluttered. So I chose to leave it off :<

Also, who is Ryuuta? The only mascot I'm aware of is Pippy and her taiko form. ^^;
Kynan

strawberrymoshi wrote:

Also, who is Ryuuta? The only mascot I'm aware of is Pippy and her taiko form. ^^;
Rytta is the guy holding the basket that catches the fruits ^^
DoodleDinosaur

theowest wrote:

That looks amazing. But I bet it won't be easy to print.

Edit: Why doesn't she have any boobs? Is she prepubertal? You disgust me.

Actually, this whole loli culture is quite harmful.

I don't see any proper boobs here. Takes your loli complaints up with the original designer.
strawberrymoshi_old

Kynan383 wrote:

strawberrymoshi wrote:

Rytta is the guy holding the basket that catches the fruits ^^
Oh right! Well, if I get time, then I might do up another entry with him on. Although it is getting rather close to the deadline ><;
Kynan

strawberrymoshi wrote:

Oh right! Well, if I get time, then I might do up another entry with him on. Although it is getting rather close to the deadline ><;
Yeah submissions ends in 2 days ><
theowest
I wasn't being too serious. I don't mind flat chested girls.
awp
Pippi is flat when she's drawn as a 12 year old girl

because 12 year old girls are usually pretty flat

also, in some cases (like the chibi style used on the site, or in strawberry's design) it would just look awkward, because they are highly stylized and not anatomically accurate. Don't fret it too much.
Fritzi_old

iMercurial wrote:

Not gonna lie, Where's Ryuuta and CtB mode?
as i said a lot of comments before im actually working on a ctb designe but im not sure if i can finish it until deadline
Arroz
yay im going to make my own t-shirt... it will be ugly cuz im bad in that thigs :3
show more