forum

osu! Release (b20120521/22)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
Following the previous release in quick succession, here is a bug fix build which also brings a few of the features which have been on the test server for almost a year now, as well as a few important changes to osu! gameplay:

1. Chat tabs are now smarter and can be rearranged.
  2. All mods except Autoplay (obviously :p) are now submitted. SpunOut is now rankable with a 0.9x multiplier, while Relax and AutoPilot just add to playcount and total score. As we are moving towards a pp-based system, I don't see a reason for not having it this way. For those complaining about SpunOut changes, read below.
  3. Fixes bugs from the last release.
  4. Hopefully fixes polish keyboard input.
  5. A lot of other small changes, but you can go read the changelog and/or find them yourself!
Let me also point out that since the last release, you can officially run osu! in OS X to submit scores and play pretty smoothly! More details here.

Please report any issues you have in the support forum (but check first for an existing thread before making a new one!). More updates coming soon!

SpunOut was never supposed to be a practice mod. It was meant to give those people not wanting to spin a chance to play (as in the past, people complained that spinning was hurting their hands/wrists). I am just bringing it back in line with its true purpose. It is now rankable since I don't see a reason to now allow it to be. Any average player will be able to beat the rate it spins at with relative ease — and even if they can't, the slight negative multiplier will ensure it is fair.

If you want a "practice" mode, log out. I don't agree with the concept of hiding your practicing. If you are trying to hide the fact you have to practice in order to get that awesome score, then you are basically cheating. Practice is nothing to be ashamed of, so just do it online. Or unplug your network cable and be silly.

Edit: The accuracy formula will soon be changed. I did originally state this in my post but I must have edited it out by mistake.
Mara

peppy wrote:

[*] All mods except Autoplay (obviously :p) are now rankable.
Time to be the greatest with Relax. Nice update.
Eremes 111
peppy. That was fast to make a release again OwOb
so i can use relax now?
Interesting.
Nyquill
finally I can rearrange my friggen chat tabs.
jonathanlfj
so does that mean for a game mode like spunout, the score you achieve will count toward ur ranked score (assume its ranked map) and/or total score? How will it affect ur accuracy and play count?
TicClick

peppy wrote:

1. Chat tabs are now smarter and can be rearranged.
Yee-haw!
BrokenArrow
Now we can't play just4fun maps + SpunOut in multiplayer anymore without getting shitranks? Well fuck it.
Corin
I'm scared.
Luvdic

BrokenArrow wrote:

Now we can't play just4fun maps + SpunOut in multiplayer anymore without getting shitranks? Well fuck it.
You clearly didn't read this:

Accuracy calculations will likely change in the near future, so don't worry too much about those few scores you have at really low accuracy — they will soon be excluded from your total.
Anyways, I think that relax and autopilot mods should be x0.10, just my opinion though...
soulcollector_old
Ever since i updated my osu, whenever i almost finish a song it crashes. :(
Pokie
Oh wow, New build again (*´∀`*)
Yarissa
So in other words this means I need to go offline to practice impossibly hard songs if I'm worried about my score getting ranked with a low accuracy. If you don't mind me asking, what's the accuracy threshold for being ranked?
tgmerge
So I have to go offline when I want to relax- -
Well, not too bad but somehow still don't like it ...
[Dellirium]
osu! crashes sometime when one plays with relax mod.
Not just me has this.
-----
\:D/
xsrsbsns
osu crashed 3 times in a row in the same map http://osu.ppy.sh/s/44591 right after finishing the last spinner (with DT+HD)

edit: well after that the last 2 plays were fine again
Wishy
Inb4 FL players now "play offline" or just disappear?

Good modifications imo, hiding your play counts was gay anyways.
Hiza-chan
My OSU crashed twice now. It was on 2 different maps.
Valentiino

Wishy22 wrote:

hiding your play counts was gay anyways.
QFT
chonicle
osu crashes after playing with relax mod. When the scores should appear, osu just crashes :<
Hope peppy can fix this in next release soon T.T
show more