forum

Grouping Timing Sections

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
bmin11
Hello

While I was mapping, I figured I had to give a change to the volume. I went to my Timing Setup Panel.

Any old timing panels we would see. If you have noticed, there is a huge amount of timing sections and I'm trying to increase those Soft hitsounds to 70%. So I start selecting.....

and selecting...

and misclicked

D:

You would see the problem I'm having. I'm quite uncoordinated and I do this a lot. I thought it would be really convenient to have those timing sections to be grouped. Not only would help selecting those timing sections, but it will also help a lot on organizing timing sections, just like how layers do on PhotoShop. This would help us to divide a whole bunch of timing sections into parts and able to tell which timing sections are under which part of the map. Applying this system wouldn't hurt the game play of osu!, nor the beatmap approval system.
Kitsunemimi
DO. WANT. NAO.
peppy
If you have a semi-decent text editor you could just replace-all for stuff like this, as a temporary solution.
ziin
the very idea that you didn't just replace ",60," with ",70," is baffling.

However it would be nice to sort like you can in almost every other table in most operating systems by clicking on the title of the column.
Topic Starter
bmin11

peppy wrote:

If you have a semi-decent text editor you could just replace-all for stuff like this, as a temporary solution.
Only thing I have is notepad unfortunately...

ziin wrote:

the very idea that you didn't just replace ",60," with ",70," is baffling.
I understand these are doable by just editing with notepad and such, but I thought it would be nice to have it done in-game and not worrying with looking through a wall of numbers just to fix those. I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between timing sections when I look through with a notepad as well (well I could by reading the volume, but I wouldn't be able to tell how many I would have to fix).

Again, I understand this can be avoided by just handling some text editors, but the point is to keep it in-game with much more convenient-ness.
dkun
Even if peppy is right, this would be a nice feature to have. It makes it easier on the mapper to be able to group sections out for timing points, especially if the mapper is using different sets of hitsounds.